Motherboard According to this, not a single Asus mATX MBO will be released

reasons4reasons

Trash Compacter
Jul 9, 2017
Actually, I might do some comparison to their existing product stack. It looks like their ITX board is listed there as the "ASUS Z370I ROG STRIX GAMING", which follows their current naming convention for the Z270 boards (presumably the I is short for the old "Impact" name they used for the top-of-the-line ITX boards). It's just mislabeled as an ATX board for some reason. Same with the mATX board, which appears to be the "ASUS Z370G ROG STRIX GAMING" (the G is probably short for "Gene"). No idea why they're mislabeled as ATX, but they are apparently in the works.

ElinaNguyen

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2016

oh, hi there :D

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Source.

Thankfully, there will be a nice selection from MSI and Gigabyte.

And if Asrock finally updated their audio codec...for the AM4 paltform not a single mATX MBO was released with the new audio codec.

Really shows you how HUGE ASUS is, with one trillion 300 series ATX boards. How many do you need? One trillion. That's what ASUS thinks (and I'm sure M.A. proves them right!)

Holy shit, Asrock will once again release their only mATX with an old audio codec.

WTF??

Do what all us real audiophiles do, and hire yourself an orchestra and these guys to provide your audio:

;D

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Holy shit, Asrock will once again release their only mATX with an old audio codec.

WTF??

I'd hazard a guess that part of the reason behind it is related to the buying practices of people who care deeply about their audio, specifically the part where their willing to spend up either on dedicated cards or external solutions. Why spend more money putting a marginally better audio stack on the board itself if the people your trying to sell that solution to have zero interest in using it, even a modest investment in an external solution will often times result in a more satisfying listening experience (YMMV, etc). Also, at this point im going to go out on a limb here and hazard a guess that the marketing teams have figured out that writing "ON BOARD AUDIOPHILE GRADE EPIC SOUND STUFFS" is about as effective as stamping "MILITARY GRADE ENCRYPTION" on the side of the box, convincing only the most gullible, fanatic or otherwise uninformed users. Especially in enthusiast computing circles where the level of cynicism towards marketing material tends to be both extremely high and extremely justified.

My $0.02

Reactions: Josh | NFC