Aby idea takers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 16, 2015
Its not that hard at all but no one here is going to do it for you. If your so determined to see this idea to fruition then instead of thread spamming demanding other people do the work for free on your behalf then take the opportunity and time to learn the prerequisite skills needed to do it yourself, much the same way every other case bender, modder and vendor here has done. Its a well walked path and you will likely see much more support looking for help to further your skills and education to bring and idea to life than you will just asking the hive mind to do it for you.

I am not demanding others do it, just asking if it is possible to do...

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
I am not demanding others do it, just asking if it is possible to do...

Im drawn to an example i made in another conversation recently. If a young child asks the same question (for the sake of example lets say their asking for candy) over and over and over and over and over and over and over again then at some point, it becomes demanding, even if its being framed as a question.

Reactions: Phuncz

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
After what thermalsteal did to CaseLabs (RIP), I would piece-meal a case together before I buy anything from a company that screws their partners over and uses a copy room for their R&D.

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 16, 2015
If I found a CAD file, I 100% would make it a 2 slot in Protocase & want to make it.

Last edited:

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
After what thermalsteal did to CaseLabs (RIP), I would piece-meal a case together before I buy anything from a company that screws their partners over and uses a copy room for their R&D.
Well the Qi case has been around well before that, it's just that time passed it by.

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 16, 2015
You'd just get the "outdated" looks...
Yes, it could look better, but come on a 2 slot element q would be awesome. Just ditch the reg. ODD for a slim, then if you didn't want 1, put a LED strip in that space.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
@Edward78 You have been warned multiple times regarding bringing the same case up in new threads over and over and over again. This thread is a merging of only a small portion of these. Yes, we get it, you want a dual slot version of this case, but that doesn't excuse you from following the forum rules in regards to spamming and ignoring the staff.

I have disabled your account for a period no less than 4 weeks as a final warning.

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 16, 2015
Topic: Anyone know if a Element Q case CAD file is out there?

I want a 2 slot version so bad, no a SUGO won't do. Anyway, in Protocase I can just make it a 2 slotter & hopefully get it made.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoINeedAName

Efficiency Noob
Feb 19, 2020
Could you cut away some of the back panel to fit the 2nd PCIe slot (blue) and move the motherboard out of the way (red)?
You would have to modify the mounting/create new holes for the motherboard standoffs, but it could work

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 16, 2015
Could you cut away some of the back panel to fit the 2nd PCIe slot (blue) and move the motherboard out of the way (red)?
You would have to modify the mounting/create new holes for the motherboard standoffs, but it could work

Looks like a yes, thought so. Wish I could find a CAD file somewhere. Wonder if I could just ask Protocase? Hmmmm, it is odd Thermaltake did not do a 2 slot version.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
MOD BREAK: Moved your last topic about the same question to your previous topic(s). @confusis issued a final warning earlier this year; 3 month ban issued.

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018
I’m pretty sure you can’t get a smaller case than the Pure XL that takes full height graphics cards without going to some kind of riser like the Velkase 3 or 5.

Note the Velkase 3 would alsonecessitate moving to a smaller power supply as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.