A4 V1: Can you help me with my compilation? Unsure about GPU and Motherboad

dooyou

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Jun 9, 2020
Hi, guys,

it's been 15 years since I built my last PC together, so excuse my possibly stupid questions. The plan is not to upgrade the system for the next three years.

I bought a used A4 V1 (because the new models are not available at the moment) and I want to assemble it now. Thought about:

Processor: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Powercolor 5700 XT Red Dragon Power supply unit: Corsair SFX 450 or 600 Platinum

The SFX 450 should be enough?

Of which I still have no idea which motherboard? It does not have to be high end, but USB-C would be good. Is 100€ possible?

About the GPU I am not sure if a RTX 2060 Super would be better. I have little desire for crashes due to driver problems (AMD).

How do I do that with the case fans? The V1 has no brackets. Placing them under the mainboard will probably be difficult. Or was it stupid to buy the V1 now?

Many greetings and thanks!

dooyou

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Jun 9, 2020
Thats my configuration now:
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • GPU: PowerColor Red Dragon 5700 XT
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Pro AMD B450
  • Power Supply: Corsair SF600 Platinum
  • Memory: Crucial 16 GB BL2K8G30C15U4W 3000 MHz
  • SSD: Western Digital SN550 1 TB
  • Noctua NH-L9a-AM4

Reactions: dche

kreco

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 9, 2020
For the power supply, feel free to use a "power supply calculator" like this one, you can chose more powerful components than you really have if you intend to upgrade at some point.

Reactions: dooyou

tasen

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2020
Thats my configuration now:
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • GPU: PowerColor Red Dragon 5700 XT
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Pro AMD B450
  • Power Supply: Corsair SF600 Platinum
  • Memory: Crucial 16 GB BL2K8G30C15U4W 3000 MHz
  • SSD: Western Digital SN550 1 TB
  • Noctua NH-L9a-AM4

I have a similar setup, except the graphic card. Mine is a Geforce RTX 2070. I don't know how much power the 5700 XT is using.
Tried to measure to power consumation of my system and it was about 330W with prime95 and heaven benchmark running at the same time.

Now I am using a HDPlex 400W AC-DC and DC-ATX Unit with no problems. No special overclocking, just default settings except the cpu with ppt set to mainboard limit (ryzen master saying PPT is max 395W ? )

Shaytanya

Trash Compacter
May 5, 2020
Hi, guys,

it's been 15 years since I built my last PC together, so excuse my possibly stupid questions. The plan is not to upgrade the system for the next three years.

I bought a used A4 V1 (because the new models are not available at the moment) and I want to assemble it now. Thought about:

GPU: Powercolor 5700 XT Red Dragon Power supply unit: Corsair SFX 450 or 600 Platinum

Of which I still have no idea which motherboard? It does not have to be high end, but USB-C would be good. Is 100€ possible?

About the GPU I am not sure if a RTX 2060 Super would be better. I have little desire for crashes due to driver problems (AMD).

How do I do that with the case fans? The V1 has no brackets. Placing them under the mainboard will probably be difficult. Or was it stupid to buy the V1 now?

I have the v1 and I have also just got the v4.1 - you can install a 92mm (I suggest Noctua) fan under the MOBO in v1 - you need to create threads in the case (I did) but I guess you would be able to use tape - I also cut into the case there to create a "grill" but thats really up to you.
In terms of more active cooling, Nocuta do very small fans up to a RPM of 5,000 - this can improve VRM temps by as much as 8-10 degrees based on what you are running (Optimum Tech on youtube has a video on how he did this on the Dan).
In terms of the GPU - in theory the ampere 30XX are coming in a few months - if you can wait that long, you may either be able to get a card at a similar price that is much better, or get the 20XX series at a lower price

Reactions: dooyou

oldlee1234

Cable Smoosher
Jun 14, 2020
Hi, guys,

SFX 450 should be enough.
choose any B550 it's MB from ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI or Asrock should be fine.
2060 super is better.
You can squeeze a Noctua 92mm slim fan at the bottom of the case ( under the MB), and you can even install a 645LT on it with little modification), Personally I have V1 and my setup is 9900KF +2080Ti, the 9900KF is cooled by a 645LT.