SFF.Network A Wild Gigabyte GA-Z270N-Gaming 5 Appears

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Looks good visually, but I'm not jazzed by that rear IO layout. Personally I like all my USB to be closer together than they are on this one.
I dig the orange too.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I just pray that the massive "GIGABYTE GAMING" on the I/O armour is a removable sticker. Otherwise I reckon it'd be time to break out the black sharpie. Beautiful board otherwise though. I love the placement of the 9 pin power button headers (thank you Gigabyte for putting it on the front edge of the board for all of us with the fat fingers).

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
I just pray that the massive "GIGABYTE GAMING" on the I/O armour is a removable sticker. Otherwise I reckon it'd be time to break out the black sharpie. Beautiful board otherwise though. I love the placement of the 9 pin power button headers (thank you Gigabyte for putting it on the front edge of the board for all of us with the fat fingers).

Doesn't look like a sticker. And they are quick to void your warranty if you change anything cosmetic.

In general I like the look of this board. However, all unnecessary branding and stickers aside, the wifi card should really go under the I/O, and not be a sore thumb with cables on the motherboard.

Oh, and one more thing. Anyone knows if they offer real fan control in the UEFI yet? Fan curve editing and so forth.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Actually, the more they bling-out them motherboards, the more I wonder why not just make an encased motherboard that will just sit itself on the table without needing a seperate case at all? Because that looks closer to a nice little home appliance sized thing on its own

Reactions: Phuncz

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
What's the difference with a Z170 board if not?
Mostly compatibility with Optane, faster DDR4 speeds, and an extra 4 PCIe lanes from the PCH. Z170 already supports up to three x4 m.2 slots for storage under RAID (and potentially more if you sacrife USB3 ports or SATA ports).

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I just pray that the massive "GIGABYTE GAMING" on the I/O armour is a removable sticker. Otherwise I reckon it'd be time to break out the black sharpie.

Doesn't look like a sticker. And they are quick to void your warranty if you change anything cosmetic.

I would just spray Plasti-Dip over the armor. Pretty harmless, non-destructive mod and you can easily peel off the paint if the need arises.