SFF.Network [SFF Network] GIGABYTE B150N Phoenix Pictured

The first pictures of Gigabyte's upcoming B150N Phoenix M-ITX board have appeared, courtesy of EXPreview.com. The board is for socket 1151 processors.

Positioned between its mainline 100-series N products, such as the H170N-WiFi and its more premium Z170-based ones; this distinctive board features an orange+black color scheme which I think is awesome! Its PCB appears to be a slight change on that of the H170N-WiFi.

Read more here.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I've got its predecessor, the GA-B85N Phoenix, and the orange does indeed look quite cool without being too tacky.

Something I didn't know is that the pulsing LEDs (there goes your non-tacky-ness) it has at the back of the board are pulsing with the power LED of your case.
Unfortunately, that pulse is very irregular, by far less pleasing than the Standby pulse some laptop LEDs have. It was so annoying that I turned it off in the BIOS, hopefully they fixed that with this iteration.

Other than that, it should be pretty much feature equivalent with the H170N.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I think no one has pulsing LEDs down better than Apple. The hours I've stared into them, sheer hypnosis. But it probably required 4000% more engineering and parts to get it that way.

I like the board, it seems well-balanced in the features department, although still uncertainty about the specs of the audio, LAN and M.2.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Pff, if you've got just a single micro on your board that can handle this, it's super easy. What Gigabytes one does is:
off -> 0.6s delay -> on -> 0.4s delay -> 25% bright -> 0.2s delay -> 25% bright -> 0.2s delay -> off
That hickup is nothing but annoying, I have no idea where it comes from or why it could even happen.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Most likely they didn't use the right specced chip for powering LED or vice-versa.