A Concepts Thread

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I've noticed how many threads are just concepts, and they sit (I'm one of the main culprits). I think having a thread for Ideas that aren't planning on production would be a good Idea. It would be good to have an archive for completed projects, just to make it easier to find what you are looking for.

Reactions: Sashby

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
That's why I have a thread to dump all my ideas and then a dedicated thread when I move forward on one of them (before it reaches the depth of the unfinished artifacts).

A dedicated subforum would be cool, at least to separate ideations from real projects.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
That's why I have a thread to dump all my ideas and then a dedicated thread when I move forward on one of them (before it reaches the depth of the unfinished artifacts).

A dedicated subforum would be cool, at least to separate ideations from real projects.

Creating a personal concepts thread is a good Idea too.

That's good to know, but I still think a dedicated concepts thread would be nice. :)

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Dedicated concept subforum created. Please report any relevant threads so they can be moved :)

Keep in mind that this subforum is focused on "brain dumps" rather than focused, iterated design towards production. Once a singular design is getting quite far along towards production, it will be more suited to be in the Custom Cases subforum. If a design is intended for a one off, it goes in Build Logs.

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Does this mean that a second thread has to be started, into 'Custom Cases' or 'Build Logs', if a first thread into 'Concepts and ideations' is leading to a real prototype?
Or asking for a move is a possibility?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Does this mean that a second thread has to be started, into 'Custom Cases' or 'Build Logs', if a first thread into 'Concepts and ideations' is leading to a real prototype?
Or asking for a move is a possibility?

No, you just ask the mods to move the thread. I think.

Then again, having a fresh start for prototyping could be nice...

Pinging @confusis to confirm.

Reactions: loader963