A Clean Dan Case A4 V4 Build. (Liquid Cooled, I7-9700K, RTX2070, Custom Cables))

Bech88

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
May 10, 2019
Hey Guys

Since i found this forum very helpful when i researched for my Dan A4 Build, i thought i would show my results and maybe help others.

Setup:
Case: Dan Case A4 V4
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390I GAMING EDGE AC
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K
CPU Cooler: Asetek 645LT + 92mm fanguard
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 WindForce - 8GB GDDR6 RAM
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 C15 BK DC - 16GB
PSU: Corsair SFX series SF600 Platinum
Case Cooler: Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM 92 mm - 19 dBA
Custom Cables: All PSlateCustoms.com Unsleeved cables.
M.2: Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD M.2 2280 - 1TB
M.2 Cooler: Silverstone TP02-M2 Pasive.

My Experiences:
1. Take the time to do the job properly.
Putting the system together takes about 2-3 hours and require both patience and steady hands.

2. Get your cables right.
First i used the sleeved platinum cables from Corsair. They are thick and difficult to work with. And they are way to long, so they mess up both the looks of your system, and the airflow.
After i switched to the unsleeved custom cables and i cleaned up the rest of the cables, my CPU temperature dropped 4-5*C while running Prime95.

3. Buy an M.2 Cooler.
Before the cooler my M.2 NAND reached about 83*C while running Samsung Magician Benchmark. After the cooler was mounted the temperature dropped to a steady 69*C. The NAND Controller dropped from 108*C to 81*C.

4. Spend some time to adjust Fan- AND Pump-speed curves in BIOS. it really pays off if you would like a silent system under normal/everyday use.

5. In BIOS i have set the CPU short threshold to 105 Watt and the long time threshold to 90 Watt.
I can't see any difference in performance (maybe 1%) but the CPU temps dropped average 7*C while running Prime95.

Feel Free to ask Questions :-)
And sorry i didn't remove fingerprints from the case before taking pictures. That was sloppy of me.

/Benjamin

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Congrats for that neat build!
And thanks for sharing your experiences, especially this:
2. Get your cables right.
First i used the sleeved platinum cables from Corsair. They are thick and difficult to work with. And they are way to long, so they mess up both the looks of your system, and the airflow.
After i switched to the unsleeved custom cables and i cleaned up the rest of the cables, my CPU temperature dropped 4-5*C while running Prime95.
I wouldn't have bet on such a drop!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I totally agree with the custom cables in the Dan, especially using the Asetek 645LT. Build looks great.

Bech88

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
May 10, 2019
Congrats for that neat build!
And thanks for sharing your experiences, especially this:

I wouldn't have bet on such a drop!

Thanks a lot.
The good results must come down to the fact that the sleeved cables covers a much larger area of the fan.
Another benefit from the unsleeved custom cables is that the CPU-cooler makes less noise. With the thick platinum cables there was audible turbulence from the fan.

jrkd

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 16, 2019

Arc_Lag

Trash Compacter
Jul 2, 2019
Sorry for the necromancy but I'm really curious on what temps you're rocking during idle and load (eg a game)!
Epic build btw!