Dan Case A4 won't turn on?

SteGa

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 9, 2017
Hey guys, fell into a bit of a predicament.

So I received custom cables for my Dan Case from ModDIY today to clear up some space (cables were custom ordered for a Corsair SF600). The cables seem great and fit like a glove, but upon swapping them I can no longer get my PC to turn on. Assuming there was a faulty cable, I unplugged the them all and reconnected the original cables.... STILL won't turn on. Though I noticed when plugging in the power cord into the PC the LED strip I have connected through USB turns on, if that's useful information.

What could have possibly went wrong?

Julio Espinosa

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2017
Unplug all the cables and plug them back.
Then, you can try the PSU, trying to read voltages (with a multimeter).
If it doesn't work, take the RAM, CPU and the rest of components from the MoBo and plug them back (even the CMOS battery).
Still won't work?
Try only one RAM module (if you have many).
Try to turn on the pc by shorting the pins directly in the MoBo.
Are your cables connected to the wall or to a power splitter? Is it ON? (been there, done that)

SteGa

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 9, 2017
Unplug all the cables and plug them back.
Then, you can try the PSU, trying to read voltages (with a multimeter).
If it doesn't work, take the RAM, CPU and the rest of components from the MoBo and plug them back (even the CMOS battery).
Still won't work?
Try only one RAM module (if you have many).
Try to turn on the pc by shorting the pins directly in the MoBo.
Are your cables connected to the wall or to a power splitter? Is it ON? (been there, done that)

Really appreciate the quick response. I'll give your advice a try when I get back home later, although I don't have a multimeter and am not quite sure how to remove the cmos battery or short the pins directly in the mobo. Looks like I have some research to do...

To answer your question though the PC is connected to a power splitter and it is indeed on. I figure the LED strip wouldn't turn on if the power splitter were off. I have also tried using different power cords, no luck.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
I'm spitballing here, but maybe the custom wires borked something to do with the mobo (and/or CPU). I suspect the LEDs get power even if the CPU (or other mobo component) is toast...

Sorry to hear of your experience. Hopefully one of the above steps will prove fruitful.

SteGa

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 9, 2017
So i'm not exactly sure what did it, but I literally took apart every component of my computer, reassembled everything with the new custom cables and it turns on now... Seems to be working as normal too, so that's definitely awesome news

Reactions: jtd871

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Glad to hear you dodged a bullet. How did the custom cables work out fitting into the case? Photos? How much did your cable set cost?

Reactions: SteGa

SteGa

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 9, 2017
Glad to hear you dodged a bullet. How did the custom cables work out fitting into the case? Photos? How much did your cable set cost?

You and me both, I sighed the biggest sigh of relief in my life. The cables were a perfect fit and i'm very very happy with them, really easy to work with. I'm on a trip in Dallas right now, will definitely update the thread with pics when I return