SFF.Network A Byte of Gigabyte at CES

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Any chance you got a look at the mSTX motherboard? I'd love to know if they have an onboard 2 pin DC in like they did on their demo STX board last year.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I don't think Drew did - by the time he got to Gigabyte, they were beginning to pack up, so there wasn't really anyone around to help.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Oh boy. BRIX, SBC, Bear Ridge. Were they mixing PC desktops with motherboard dimensions ?

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
The Z270N-Gaming 5 looks so good, it has the USB3.0 and SATA connectors in the perfect place for my case, but damn that is some sparse I/O if I've ever seen some and the GIGABYTE GAMING lettering is a obnoxious. At least that part looks like a nice flat surface that would lend itself very well for a custom sticker or something like that.

alamilla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 11, 2016
Did anyone else notice that the Z270N-Gaming 5 supports bifurcation?
Unfortunately, there's still no product page on Gigabyte's website, but the inclusion of an Alpine Ridge controller would sway me from Asrock's current offering.

GreatestUnKnown

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 30, 2016
Didn't know where this belonged but since it was a Gigabyte product at CES hope others find this as amazing as I did.

Gamers Nexus teardown of Gigabyte BRIX VR (video link)

Seems they used the BRIX UHD chassis but refreshed it with a Kaby Lake processor, GTX 1060 and a newer heatsink for better thermals.

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
Didn't know where this belonged but since it was a Gigabyte product at CES hope others find this as amazing as I did.

Gamers Nexus teardown of Gigabyte BRIX VR (video link)

Seems they used the BRIX UHD chassis but refreshed it with a Kaby Lake processor, GTX 1060 and a newer heatsink for better thermals.
That actually looks pretty interesting, after watching the video. I may have to recommend one to a friend.

Reactions: Soul_Est

alamilla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 11, 2016
Product page now up for the GA-Z270N-Gaming 5.
Unfortunately they're using an ASMedia controller for the USB 3.1 Gen 2 so no Thunderbolt 3 :(
It does feature an RGBW header and support for their OC Touch Panel if you're into that sort of thing...

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Product page now up for the GA-Z270N-Gaming 5.
Unfortunately they're using an ASMedia controller for the USB 3.1 Gen 2 so no Thunderbolt 3 :(
It does feature an RGBW header and support for their OC Touch Panel if you're into that sort of thing...
  • Supports PCIe x16 slot bifurcation in 2x8 mode by riser card