Concept 8L 240mm Idea

rindoze

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 18, 2018
I was sitting here with a Dancase A4 all in shambles when an idea hit. Has anyone seen a case with this layout? Pardon my crude MS Paint drawings which are kind of to scale.
Idea is a sandwich style case, 240mm slim radiator with full fans front exhausting, sfx power supply, and watercooling loop for CPU and GPU. Goal is to fit a 3080 FE watercooled (205mm x 100mm). With displayed GPU config (horizontal) the GPU is pretty limited; however with a vertical config or diagonal a 3080 FE can fit. Any feedback welcome. I will try to scrounge up some stl files to 3d print a mockup.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
The problem you'll run into....finding any GPUs that fit those limits. Even a 3080 FE with a waterblock is about 200mm or so. GPUs generally are almost impossible to buy without being ripped off to start; NVM ITX size ones.

Paragon

Chassis Packer
Jan 10, 2021
I like the idea, I think the best way to do it would be with a vertical GPU giving you ~220mm if you add some feet onto the case and use a right angle adapter from the bottom.

The main issue is a single 240mm radiator would not do a great job cooling a 3080 + CPU. Ideally you:
(1) hook the FE 3080 up to a rad with a custom loop and air cool the CPU with something like the L12s or
(2) use a smaller GPU like the EVGA 3060ti and cool the CPU with a 240 AIO.

Since doing either one requires niche products I think this would be a hard case to market. In terms of doing a personal build, I think if it suits your needs it would be a great endeavor.