6.0L Flex-powered case, designed by NFC Systems [ WITH PHOTO ]

Instran0

Master of Cramming
Original poster
May 31, 2017
6 litres Flex-powered case, designed or manufactured by NFC Systems

if you want an affordable, modular, non-noisy Flex power unit, i personally recommend this,
together with a Noctua fan swap : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001971974182.html

you must message the seller immediately after buying, to ask for a black color unit, with white cables.

the units which are not black color, do not have good quality.

Reactions: scatterforce

Instran0

Master of Cramming
Original poster
May 31, 2017
here is a photo of the PSU i'm recommending :

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
here is a photo of the PSU i'm recommending :

Any documentation or reviews that prove that thing is actually legit? Their 80+ gold version sure wasn't.

The pictures they show of the interior sure look like a significant, but that's still not saying much.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
Original poster
May 31, 2017
Any documentation or reviews that prove that thing is actually legit? Their 80+ gold version sure wasn't.

The pictures they show of the interior sure look like a significant, but that's still not saying much.

@REVOCCASES verified a 650- 700W version as actually legit, in his review, here on SFF Forum.

obviously, i ordered a 550- 600W version, from the same manufacturer.

additionally- NFC Systems verified a FSP Flex power unit, as actually legit, in the above video.

its more expensive, but i can provide an AliExpress weblink, if you want.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
@Gilles3000 ,here are my internals, so you can judge quality :

Yep, sure looks like a well build unit. I'd still be hesitant to recommend it to other people though. There's no real warranty to speak of and we don't know what their QC process is like.

Taking a chance on a more affordable-ish high power unit yourself is one thing, but if your recommendation ends up damaging someone else's pc (or worse) that's a whole other can of worms.

The only high power Flex unit I'd personally feel safe to recommend to other people is still the stock Enhance 7660B...

Reactions: SFFManiac07

Instran0

Master of Cramming
Original poster
May 31, 2017
There's no real warranty to speak of

AliExpress has 15 day free returns, which includes all fees/taxes & shipping.

if you buy on AliExpress with paypal, there are 180 day returns.

so i respectfully disagree.

finally, the stock Enhance 7660B is not " modular " ,& is not black color.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016

My 2c is more or less the same with @Gilles3000's opinion here.

I'm not a PSU expert, but the reason I use & recommend branded PSUs from trusted vendors is because a bad PSU might fail one day & affect the rest of the system (say it fries your motherboard). Yes the PSU itself is covered under warranty, but other components might not be.

Also, I don't fully believe with whatever written on AliExpress about free returns (or warranty). Consumer protection is almost non-existent there.

Having said that, it doesn't mean that the PSU @Instran0 mentioned is confirmed a bad unit. In fact, it's probably a legit good product, which is good.

Regardless, as always caveat emptor & do your homework to check in advance.

Reactions: rfarmer

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018

Have you ever actually tried to claim that free return? I've had multiple issues with stuff bought off aliexpress(wrong model, damaged, etc), best I ever got was a full refund and most were partial refunds.

Its indeed not modular, nor black. But regardless its still the only unit from a proper manufacture with a legitimate warranty. The runner up if you're in the US would be the lightly modified unit by Velka which is all black with a 1y warranty.

Reactions: SiKiaTriK

Instran0

Master of Cramming
Original poster
May 31, 2017
Have you ever actually tried to claim that free return? I've had multiple issues with stuff bought off aliexpress(wrong model, damaged, etc), best I ever got was a full refund and most were partial refunds.

Its indeed not modular, nor black. But regardless its still the only unit from a proper manufacture with a legitimate warranty. The runner up if you're in the US would be the lightly modified unit by Velka which is all black with a 1y warranty.

i'll state that this thread is about a 6 litres case, designed by NFC Systems, & that i mentioned some compatible PSUs as just a side-note.

however, i'll reply to all questions.

the 15 day free returns is a new feature on AliExpress, which i do not remember being in effect more than 90 days ago.

i've personally used it 3 times, and it works perfectly, specifically AliExpress gives you a pre-paid return label, which goes to a USA warehouse.

once that USA warehouse verifies that you sent back the correct item, a full refund of all fees/taxes & shipping is made.

additionally, all you have to do if you want 180 day returns is to purchase with paypal, as their paypal buyer protection policy supersedes any AliExpress policy.

i respectfully disagree with those stating that Enhance's warranty is better than what i'm describing, as Enhance's warranty only applies if you don't do anything to your unit, such as swap its fan out for a Noctua fan, which is what almost everyone on this forum keeps talking about.

finally, @VELKASE Michael 's ENP 7660B unit which i've also recommended multiple times, is sold out until December, so its not an option.

so a true summary of this discussion is not that i'm right, or that others are right, but that its really an apples to oranges comparison, which doesn't directly apply.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
i'll state that this thread is about a 6 litres case, designed by NFC Systems, & that i mentioned some compatible PSUs as just a side-note.

On that topic.. these screws triggers me lol.

Looking at NFC's overall style & design language, I can only hope that it's not the final screws Josh is going to use

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
On that topic.. these screws triggers me lol.

Looking at NFC's overall style & design language, I can only hope that it's not the final screws Josh is going to use

AFAIK this is some easy open source DIY case NFC exclusively shared for his Patreon supporters. I think the idea is that people can send the design files to some laser cutting service and get their very own case made locally - or alternatively ask NFC to make them one build-to-order.

Reactions: ignsvn