Enclosure ~5L cases (similar to velka 5) that fit a full sized GPU

ponchick

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Sep 6, 2019
The velka 5 looks perfect for me but it's a bit pricey after shipping to Canada. Are there any cheaper alternatives?

kotf

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 8, 2019

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
That looks really nice.

Fitting a 300mm card sounds really good. I was wondering about the weight. The overall price for the velka is really expensive to europe as well. I might give this one a try.

Thanks for sharing.
This case is not really 5.5L. If you look at the dimensions of the case and the standard dimensions of the components, it doesn't make sense. Not enough clearance. Several comments in a Chinese forum says they measured it and the case is closer to 6.5L. It still looks pretty good for the money though.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
This case is not really 5.5L. If you look at the dimensions of the case and the standard dimensions of the components, it doesn't make sense. Not enough clearance. Several comments in a Chinese forum says they measured it and the case is closer to 6.5L. It still looks pretty good for the money though.

Probably 5.5 is the inner volume. Some people measure it that way.

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
Probably 5.5 is the inner volume. Some people measure it that way.
Even if it is inner volume, it still does not make sense. 30x17x11, so if the case inner height is 17cm and an ITX mobo is 17x17cm, where is the clearance for the riser bend?

Reactions: rfarmer

rssilvaba

Case Bender
Oct 17, 2019
Even if it is inner volume, it still does not make sense. 30x17x11, so if the case inner height is 17cm and an ITX mobo is 17x17cm, where is the clearance for the riser bend?
You are probably right. I bought it since it quite inexpensive compared to the velka 5 and it has a very similar design. I can flip it over and I will have the ports on the top, not sure if recomended though. But I will see if it arrives.

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019
that is a curious case...but what a horrible website. is there anything in English that doesn't have the horrible overlay / pop ups?