5800x, TUF 3080ti, Kraken X52

psykix

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 2, 2020
I had a deshrouded GTX 1080 in my case and have switched it out for a TUF 3080ti.

Anyone know the best cooling config with the above parts? I currently have the x52 radiator fitted with 25mm Noctua fans on the inside of the radiator and 15mm Noctua fans on the outside of the radiator set to exhaust.

I presume the 3080ti is exhaust also - it's been left as stock with the quiet BIOS selected.

I also have a 92mm Noctua on the back of the case set to exhaust too.

I did want to switch to air cooling so that I could do away with the SATA power connector and simplify things all around. The SATA cable that comes with the Corsair SF750 is ridiculously long. I was looking at getting some custom cables but they are very expensive for what they are.

I don't think I can get air cooling to compete on temps with the X52 though. Currently it's not particularly quiet and ramps up and down the fans a lot which is a bit annoying. Maybe I just need to play around with fan curves. Currently all the 4 radiator fans are connected the X52 fan header and controlled by NZXT CAM.

Any recommendations?

Insanniti

Cable Smoosher
Oct 12, 2019
Depending if you're happy with the current temps, you may find the following fan config's better:

* Change the 2 x 25mm (NF-A12x25) on X52 radiator to intake, rather than exhaust
* Put the 2 x 15mm (NF-A12x15) as intake on the bottom under the GPU (may need rubber spacer inserted, as is tight fit)
* Leave the rear NF-A9 as exhaust

That should reduce your GPU temps, as well as get some air flowing over the motherboard components etc. The NCASE is very good at letting all the intake fans push the air out the panels

That's the config I've used on the 3 x AIO NCASE builds I've done & had good success. My current 2 are customer water cooling, but use similar fan configurations on the radiators.

Also with the NZXT CAM, change the fan curves to be based on water temp, rather than CPU temp if that's a possibility (don't remember) - which should stop them ramping up and down

psykix

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 2, 2020
I've changed my setup since I posted. I have switched the X52 out for the EK-AIO 240 Basic, and just have the 2 NF-A12x25 on it set to intake.

This has enabled me to get rid of the SATA power cable - the one that comes with the SF750 is ridiculously large.

I don't think the 15mm fans will fit below the GPU - doesn't look like there is enough space.

Just need to work out a decent fan curve now, but the weather in the UK is abnormally hot and not a great time to be comparing temps to previous temps!

Insanniti

Cable Smoosher
Oct 12, 2019
I've changed my setup since I posted. I have switched the X52 out for the EK-AIO 240 Basic, and just have the 2 NF-A12x25 on it set to intake.

This has enabled me to get rid of the SATA power cable - the one that comes with the SF750 is ridiculously large.

I don't think the 15mm fans will fit below the GPU - doesn't look like there is enough space.

Just need to work out a decent fan curve now, but the weather in the UK is abnormally hot and not a great time to be comparing temps to previous temps!
I did do a build with the TUF 3090 in the NCASE (which should be same size), and while it's a very tight fit - I did manage to put the 2 x 15mm fans under it - although needed to stick some rubber spacers between the fans frame and GPU shroud to maintain the gap.

If your GPU temps are decent, then it probably isn't worth the trouble though.

Also with the 30XX series GPU, you can get better temps with no performance loss with a small undervolt - using something like MSI Afterburner

Reactions: psykix