3D Printed All-AMD 10,8L

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Hellooo,

Couple of days ago I finally finished my 3d printed All-AMD build. I haven't taken as many photos as I would have liked to but still have some to share.

Parts list:
CPU: Ryzen 3700x
Cooling: Big Shuriken 3
Mobo: Asrock b450 Fatality Gaming-ITX
Ram: 32GB Crucial E-Die currently @ 3600/CL15
GPU: 5700XT Red Dragon
PSU: SF600 Platinum
2x Noctua Redux 92mm as top exhaust
5" HDMI screen for system monitoring and stuff
Case dimensions - roughly 295x245x150mm @ around 10,84 L

All in all I'm very happy with it, printing it as a single piece was a pain, final print is in PLA, quality is decent except some minor imperfections here and there.

Temps for the CPU are good, 45-50C idle, 70-75C under load. It boosts to like 4,2GHz all-core and single core it does reach the 4,4GHz. Not yet what it should be, doesn't boost to 4,4 all-core but maybe future bios revisions will fix it. Performance is really good anyway.

For the GPU, well, there is a tempered glass (taken of for photos to avoid reflections) around 4-5mm from it which means that it is cooking in there. It does reach like 85-90C under prolonged load with hotspot around 100C, I will add 5mm spacers for the glass which should drop the temperatures massively since the hot air won't sit inside the case.

More photos:

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Interesting! I've always been curious about how 3d printed cases like this do when the system gets hot.

It's not as much as the 3d print, it's just the layout and minimal tolerances everywhere means that there is very little empty space inside and even with the slight exhaust up top it gets pretty hot. I've added the spacers for the glass and temps dropped around 5-10C on the GPU, CPU temps are alright :)

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Wow really nice, especially for a one piece print! :thumb:
Front face looks good (except the misaligned USB port maybe ; ), how did you make such a nice wood effect?

Can you please also tell us more about the mini display?
Is it connected to the GPO I/O at the back of the case? How is it powered? What software, ...?

It's hard to tell from the pics, but the panel on which the top fans are sitting on looks like to have very few openings. With a big hole under each fan they would get more clearance to breathe and I bet you would get colder GPU temps!

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 9, 2018
Hellooo,

Couple of days ago I finally finished my 3d printed All-AMD build. I haven't taken as many photos as I would have liked to but still have some to share.

Parts list:
CPU: Ryzen 3700x
Cooling: Big Shuriken 3
Mobo: Asrock b450 Fatality Gaming-ITX
Ram: 32GB Crucial E-Die currently @ 3600/CL15
GPU: 5700XT Red Dragon
PSU: SF600 Platinum
2x Noctua Redux 92mm as top exhaust
5" HDMI screen for system monitoring and stuff
Case dimensions - roughly 295x245x150mm @ around 10,84 L

All in all I'm very happy with it, printing it as a single piece was a pain, final print is in PLA, quality is decent except some minor imperfections here and there.

Temps for the CPU are good, 45-50C idle, 70-75C under load. It boosts to like 4,2GHz all-core and single core it does reach the 4,4GHz. Not yet what it should be, doesn't boost to 4,4 all-core but maybe future bios revisions will fix it. Performance is really good anyway.

For the GPU, well, there is a tempered glass (taken of for photos to avoid reflections) around 4-5mm from it which means that it is cooking in there. It does reach like 85-90C under prolonged load with hotspot around 100C, I will add 5mm spacers for the glass which should drop the temperatures massively since the hot air won't sit inside the case.

More photos:
Like it a lot, could you/do you have any more background infomation on the screen. I did one a few years ago but have lost the instructions and I think there are better ways of dooing it anyway. Would be interested in your approach if you have time. I guess the wood is veneer?

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Wow really nice, especially for a one piece print! :thumb:
Front face looks good (except the misaligned USB port maybe ; ), how did you make such a nice wood effect?

Can you please also tell us more about the mini display?
Is it connected to the GPO I/O at the back of the case? How is it powered? What software, ...?

It's hard to tell from the pics, but the panel on which the top fans are sitting on looks like to have very few openings. With a big hole under each fan they would get more clearance to breathe and I bet you would get colder GPU temps!

Yeah, USB misalignment is giving me a headache, might try to fix it.

It is a 5" screen from Ali:

Connected to the back of the GPU via a ribbon HDMI cable, powered by a usb cable also connected to the back of the mobo. I've made a small hole in the back of the case in the model which is where the cables come out.

Yeah, the plate has the same kind of holes as the top panel, they might not be that visible cause of the milkyness of the material. In hindsight, yes, 2 bigger holes would probably work better. ;)

Reactions: BaK and SFF EOL

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Like it a lot, could you/do you have any more background infomation on the screen. I did one a few years ago but have lost the instructions and I think there are better ways of dooing it anyway. Would be interested in your approach if you have time. I guess the wood is veneer?

Yes, both the wood and the concrete like pattern is veneer.

Reactions: SFF EOL