3900X in Geeek A31 V2

dodo0822

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
May 11, 2020
Hi all, this is my first post here (nice to meet you all!), and I want to share with you my first SFF PC build.

Here's the specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (on stock settings)
CPU Cooler: Cryorig C7 G (replaced fan with A9x14)
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING
RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3200 16G *2
SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB
GPU: PowerColor AXRX 5700 ITX 8GBD6-2DH (got it from Amazon Japan)
PSU: Enhance ENP-7660B (original cables)
Case: Geeek A31 V2 White
Fan: Noctua A9x14 *2

And now the pics:

Package content of the Geeek A31 V2. It comes with aluminum frames, acrylic panels, a front panel and an accessories box. The PCIE riser and fan cable splitter are purchased separately from Geeek.

Content of the accessories box: 2.5" SSD/HDD mount, case feet *4, screws box and the power button.

Now I start by assembling one side of the frames and the motherboard standoffs.

Putting together the other side of the frames and the back panel:

Mounting the PSU, Motherboard and the front panel. You can see that the fan on C7 G is replaced by A9x14. I found out that custom fan bracket is already included in the package of C7 G so I didn't need to 3D print one and it fits well.

Installing PCIE riser on the other side of the case:

Installing the GPU. Note that the GPU bracket is not fixed by screws but by a small piece of acrylic panel with little protruding parts that fit in the screw holes of the bracket.

Mounting fans on the top panel.

Top panel installed and cables connected. Should've got my PSU cables modded, ugh!

Front panel installed:

Finally, installing side panels.

Actually I think that I'm not keeping this build for a long time since the CPU thermals are quite bad and the CPU fans are constantly running loud despite already being replaced with Noctua. The CPU is idling at ~60 degree Celsius, and during AIDA64 stress test it goes up to ~94 degree Celsius and would throttle at about 4.0GHz. However the GPU is staying quite cool and the fans are even idling with some light 1080p gaming. I'm thinking to get a longer case later capable of an AIO cooler and get the 3900X water cooled. So that's it! I will definitely share with you if I get a new case some time in the future. Cheers!

Reactions: mcpradeep

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I think it looks great, surprised your temperatures are so bad at idle??

The Geeek A31 is probably my favorite mini sandwich case at the moment. The slightly wider design to fit 92mm fans seems like a good idea.

sp1der

Efficiency Noob
Feb 2, 2020
i like this build. You might want to modular your flex psu and undervoltage your AMD cpu to drop some temperature.