GPU 3080 FE Impossible TUF alternative? NCASE M1

Danglos

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 12, 2020
Hi all. Like most people I'm struggling to get a 3080 FE which is a shame as it looked quite unique with the rear ports. Now there seems to be a Capacitor issue I've seen the best quality 3080 AIB is ASUS TUF 3080 OC as it has 60 of the ceramic capacitors. Below are the EK Waterblock Specifications. I have dual rads in the NCASE M1 so looking at it I think this will fit and be a good alternative to the FE. What do people think will it fit (My 2080 Super with Eisblock will not!) and is it a viable alternative? Thanks

From EK Website:

An EK water block for TUF RTX 3080 and 3090
EK-Quantum Vector TUF 3080/3090 D-RGB water block is compatible with TUF RTX 3080 and 3090 graphics cards. The Vector water block actively cools the GPU, VRAM (on the front), MOSFETs, and chokes in the VRM (voltage regulation module). The water block contacts every single inductor in the VRM area to suppress any potential coil whine.

These newly developed water blocks feature optimized flow paths that reduce hydrodynamic instabilities and vortexing (dead spots) inside of them. Additionally, this new design allows the copper cold plate to extend almost the entire length of the PCB.

The EK-Quantum Vector Series water blocks use an Open Split-Flow cooling engine design, which proved to be a superior solution for GPU water blocks. It is characterized by low hydraulic flow restriction, meaning it can be used with weaker water pumps or pumps running on low-speed settings, and still achieve top performance. The jet plate and fin structure geometry have been optimized to provide even flow distribution with minimal losses and optimal performance when used in any given coolant flow orientation.

The fin array is populated by 25 microfins with 0.6mm wide microchannels that provide optimal cooling performance, without unnecessary flow restrictions or clogging hazards.

The base of the block is CNC-machined out of nickel-plated electrolytic copper, while its top is CNC-machined out of glass-like cast Acrylic. These 2nd generation Vector GPU water blocks also feature plexi terminals that match the top cover. The watertight sealing is ensured by high-quality EPDM O-rings, while brass standoffs are already pre-installed and allow for a safe and easy installation procedure.

D-RGB lighting on EK-Quantum Vector TUF RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB water block
The aesthetic corner end-piece is housing the addressable D-RGB LEDs. This water block boasts a total of 6 individually addressable RGB LEDs, and it is compatible with popular RGB sync technologies from all major motherboard manufacturers. The arrow marking on the 3-pin D-RGB LED connector is to be aligned with the +5V marking on the D-RGB (addressable) header.

Backplate for the EK-Quantum Vector TUF 3080/3090 water block
EK recommends the purchase of a retention backplate, especially for the 3090 models of graphics cards. The backplate improves the overall aesthetics of your graphics cards, and also provides additional passive cooling for the GPU core, VRAM on the 3090 cards, and backside of the printed circuit board VRM section.

Enclosed:

- EK-Quantum Vector TUF RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB series high-performance water block
- Mounting mechanism with screw-in brass standoffs
- Necessary mounting screws, nuts, and washers
- 2x Nickel plated brass plug G1/4”
- EK-Loop Multi Allen Key (6mm, 8mm, 9mm)
- Thermal pads
- Thermal grease EK-TIM Ectotherm (1g)

Technical Specification:

- Dimensions: (LxHxW) - 267x148x16.5mm