Motherboard [18/07/2024]ASRock DeskMini A/X300 BIOS / "P1.80.RC02.SL01"(support S3 OK!!!) for X300 /"P3.70E" for A300 - AGESA Combo V2 PI "1.2.0.C"

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
Thanks for always being here for an upload!
However it looks like the links don't last very long at uploadnow.io

So as mentioned by @akisu in the X600 thread, all the BIOS files are available there if I'm not mistaken:
No, unfortunately they are not all there if you pay close attention (notably the "SL01" and "SS01" variants of "1.80.RC02"), and in fact it was myself who provided some of the of the latest Beta and RC BIOSes (before their official publications) to the redditer managing this page (you can ask him he knows me well and has often thanked me for sending him these BIOSes early).

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
No, unfortunately they are not all there if you pay close attention (notably the "SL01" and "SS01" variants of "1.80.RC02"), and in fact it was myself who provided some of the of the latest Beta and RC BIOSes (before their official publications) to the redditer managing this page (you can ask him he knows me well and has often thanked me for sending him these BIOSes early).
Sorry I did not check the list thoroughly...
I just send a message with your latest download link to r/ASRock

Encore merci! ;)

Reactions: HydrAxx747

puppinoo

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 18, 2024
Hi,
I have a x300 DeskMini with an older 1.80 variant (dont remember which exactly cause Im not at home now) on which WOL from S3 (blinking blue led) works fine.
Unfortunately after a hard shutdown I've never been able to wake machine on.
I read this is possible using bios version 1.80D on which both WOL from S3 AND S5 (hard shutdown) work but for the life on me I cant find the d*mn version cause all the links around are expired.
Could anyone confirm that on this version both wol from s3 and s5 work ?
If so coull anyone tell me where I can find this version?

Thanks a lot.
Pino.

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
Hi,
I have a x300 DeskMini with an older 1.80 variant (dont remember which exactly cause Im not at home now) on which WOL from S3 (blinking blue led) works fine.
Unfortunately after a hard shutdown I've never been able to wake machine on.
I read this is possible using bios version 1.80D on which both WOL from S3 AND S5 (hard shutdown) work but for the life on me I cant find the d*mn version cause all the links around are expired.
Could anyone confirm that on this version both wol from s3 and s5 work ?
If so coull anyone tell me where I can find this version?

Thanks a lot.
Pino.

I reuploaded all BIOSes, here is the new link:

As for the latest version of the BIOS correctly supporting WOL as indicated in the first thread, it is the version "1.80.RC02.SL01".

Reactions: Phuncz and puppinoo

puppinoo

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 18, 2024
I reuploaded all BIOSes, here is the new link:

As for the latest version of the BIOS correctly supporting WOL as indicated in the first thread, it is the version "1.80.RC02.SL01".
Hi and thanks a lot for uploads. Much appreciated.
Can you confirm WOL on 1.80.RC02.SL01 is supported for both S3 (hibernation with blinking blue led) and S5 (hard shutdown or power failure)?

Thanks again.
Pino.

M4Play

Efficiency Noob
Apr 11, 2023
Hi and thanks a lot for uploads. Much appreciated.
Can you confirm WOL on 1.80.RC02.SL01 is supported for both S3 (hibernation with blinking blue led) and S5 (hard shutdown or power failure)?

Thanks again.
Pino.
I can confirm that with the latest bios, WOL works from both S3 and S5 state, until the power failure. After the power is restored, WOL does not work and the PC must be turned on manually.
With bios v1.80D, WOL supposedly works even after a power failure, but I haven't tested that. So you have to try it and see..

puppinoo

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 18, 2024
I can confirm that with the latest bios, WOL works from both S3 and S5 state, until the power failure. After the power is restored, WOL does not work and the PC must be turned on manually.
With bios v1.80D, WOL supposedly works even after a power failure, but I haven't tested that. So you have to try it and see..
Hi and thanlks for replying.
I didnt test 1.80.RC02.SL01 yet but I just flashed the 1.80D and I confirm it recovers after S3, S5 and it also recovers after a hard shutdown.
Since this feature is important to me (in summer above all when power failures are unfortunately pretty frequent where I live) I guess I'll stay with 1.80D for a while.

Thanks a lot for help to everybody.
Pino.

Reactions: Phuncz

chuckster

Case Bender
New User
Aug 13, 2024
regarding the latest A300 bios v3.70E, is the 'doesn't save bios changes' issue universal or does it depend on what configuration you are running and what versions you flashed before?

aalska

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 15, 2024
help, on“1.80A/1.8RC02/1.7”attempts update the SL02, showing “invalid files”,there something wrong?

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
I see they just dropped 1.2.0.Cc in a beta for a bunch of other products, hope it gets to the 300 series soon (a300mini/x300mini/x300meet)
I don't think we should still hope for much for the DeskMini "A300", since it has been considered EOL for a while and upgrading it to AGESA 1.2.0.Cc firmware would certainly open the way to compatibility with Ryzen 4xxxG and 5xxxG APUs but would reveal other bugs later, since they have practically not worked in this direction for the A300.
And so I really don't think with the work they currently have with the X600 and other AM5 motherboards (knowing that the new ones with X870/E, B850/E and B840 are coming soon), that they have any plans to start working on the BIOS of the DeskMini A300 again, they will certainly update for the DeskMini X300 but that will be all I think, so sincerely A300 users don't expect any more updates, I think that is unfortunately the reality for you...

Hammerfest

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
I don't think we should still hope for much for the DeskMini "A300", since it has been considered EOL for a while and upgrading it to AGESA 1.2.0.Cc firmware would certainly open the way to compatibility with Ryzen 4xxxG and 5xxxG APUs but would reveal other bugs later, since they have practically not worked in this direction for the A300.
And so I really don't think with the work they currently have with the X600 and other AM5 motherboards (knowing that the new ones with X870/E, B850/E and B840 are coming soon), that they have any plans to start working on the BIOS of the DeskMini A300 again, they will certainly update for the DeskMini X300 but that will be all I think, so sincerely A300 users don't expect any more updates, I think that is unfortunately the reality for you...
In-case your unaware, the A300 and X300 boards are exactly the same down to one differing component which is speculated to be simply a gate to allow overclocking flag for AGESA

also, it got shit support from the start (see the threads here on SFF regarding), didnt even get proper AGESA v1 support and the last "official" bios is a TPM/USB buggy disaster (I still have money listed in the ASRock BIOS thread for the A300 to the ASRock engineer who fix's the thing as it cost me $$$$)

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 23, 2021
In-case your unaware, the A300 and X300 boards are exactly the same down to one differing component which is speculated to be simply a gate to allow overclocking flag for AGESA

also, it got shit support from the start (see the threads here on SFF regarding), didnt even get proper AGESA v1 support and the last "official" bios is a TPM/USB buggy disaster (I still have money listed in the ASRock BIOS thread for the A300 to the ASRock engineer who fix's the thing as it cost me $$$$)
I know that of course but what does that change to what I said? They haven't updated the BIOS for ages and I don't think that will magically change with the arrival of the AGESA 1.2.0.Cc firmware, so frankly and sincerely don't expect much from there, that's all I said and I don't think I'm really wrong about it.