Discussion 12th Gen CPU Mounting Plate

Jp42nca

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
I purchased a i7-12700k for my build and heard that with the cpu's on 12th & 13th gen once in place the pressure force in the center of the cpu causes a curvature in the cpu. I saw a YT video that showed a anti bending plate that can replace the armature for holding the cpu in place thus no curvature issue and providing equal pressure surrounding the cpu. Is this recommended? If so what company makes them that's reputable? Are they worth it, what are the issues people are seeing? Is this the way to go or is it just hype? All advise is helpful...Thanks for reading.

HWI

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2022
Yes, they are benficial for temps. There are some reputable videos on the subject on YouTube, I believe Gamers Nexus tried both the Thermalright and Thermal Grizzly products, I'd recommend checking that out to see if it's worth it to you. Just FYI, the Thermalright one is cheap and really easy to install, I use one.

Jp42nca

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
Yes, they are benficial for temps. There are some reputable videos on the subject on YouTube, I believe Gamers Nexus tried both the Thermalright and Thermal Grizzly products, I'd recommend checking that out to see if it's worth it to you. Just FYI, the Thermalright one is cheap and really easy to install, I use one.
Good info. I will definitely check out the videos & look into it. Thanks.

Reactions: HWI