May 10, 2019
www.pcdesignfoundry.com
Inside complete for four corner parts.

Reactions: Tazpr and Alur

alauder

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2019
www.pcdesignfoundry.com
Pressed in more standoffs and installed Tappex threaded inserts to the extrusions. Can now assemble it properly.

Need to do an extra cut on the rear IO. This part needed extra material as the cut out is so close to the bend. I have to cut out the extra material after bending.

Just need to press in the M4 standoffs that hold the front/side cover on. Also take a little bit off the end of a couple of the extrusions. Then can go out for powder coating.

Reactions: Tazpr

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
Damn dude, the case looks so good with the powder coat! With the front grill I reckon it'll look better than the renders!

Reactions: alauder

alauder

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2019
www.pcdesignfoundry.com
I kicked off tooling today for the extrusions at Custom-Profiles . Parts should be delivered in about six weeks. This will save me a week in making cases like this since I won't have to hog out the corners form 1" square sections anymore. I am really hoping I can get it down to two weeks from design approval to shipping including with powder coating.

alauder

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2019
www.pcdesignfoundry.com
I machined the rear Spacer acrylic today. Also the front vent perf. I had lots of problems with the perf though. I was trying to machine it from ABS but it kept melting to the cutter. I will have to figure out the feeds and speeds some other time. In the end I switched to Acrylic for the perf. It means I have to paint the part black though so I will finish that up tomorrow.

Rear Spacer.

I also did a fit check with ITX motherboard, GPU and SFX PSU. All fits really nicely.

I used some green tint Acrylic that is tinted to look like real glass. Just because I am going to paint it black anyway.

First a primer coat.

Hopefully finish up tomorrow and ship it out.

PC Design Foundry.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
Terribly sorry for the delay in this!
Took me ages to get all the pieces and put it together.

The experience of coming up with an idea then building in it has been eye opening since I now realise that building to measure doesn't leave much room for error in the building process - but she's done, it's all in and I'm really happy with the final system.

I'll take a few more shots, just of the whole system including externals and I'll do some temp logging in games and such, but really happy with the final build.

I've ordered new fans which will arrive later in September, so I will do another build then with better final photos - I forgot a few things this time like the GPU fan filter XD

Last edited:

alauder

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2019
www.pcdesignfoundry.com
Tazpr. That looks really amazing. So tightly packed. You have way more coolant line length than we modelled but I like the way you dealt with it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the thermal/performance results.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
Tazpr. That looks really amazing. So tightly packed. You have way more coolant line length than we modelled but I like the way you dealt with it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the thermal/performance results.
I have plans to re-pipe the cooler, currently I'm running it as the Be-Quiet silent loop out of the box however I'd like to use some EK ZMT tubing and swap out the double fans for a 38mm EK fan.

I really want to have the other internal fans before I start doing too many tests, however my local store sold out of the ones I want to use and aren't getting them in until the end of September...

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I have plans to re-pipe the cooler, currently I'm running it as the Be-Quiet silent loop out of the box however I'd like to use some EK ZMT tubing and swap out the double fans for a 38mm EK fan.

I really want to have the other internal fans before I start doing too many tests, however my local store sold out of the ones I want to use and aren't getting them in until the end of September...
You may want to watch OptimumTech's review of the EK Meltemi 38mm thick fans. He found them worse than the Noctua A12x25 across the board. I know you're running a 140mm rad here but I can't imagine them being worlds ahead to justify their thickness.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
You may want to watch OptimumTech's review of the EK Meltemi 38mm thick fans. He found them worse than the Noctua A12x25 across the board. I know you're running a 140mm rad here but I can't imagine them being worlds ahead to justify their thickness.
Thanks for the link! I didn't see him review em so I'm glad you sent this through to me.

I'm actually running a 120mm radiator as the case was designed to either use a 140mm with shorter GPU's or a 120mm with reference length cards like my 2080.

But if there's little reason to opt for the Meltemi maybe I'll give it a miss.