Corsair has launched the Hydro Series H5 SFF cooler. This is a closed loop cooler directly aimed at the SFF market, and Corsair claims it can cool 150w of heat quietly and efficiently.
As we know all too well, cooling in SFF builds can be somewhat of a challenge. Corsair hopes that the Hydro Series H5 will help with that, ensuring that even overclocked CPUs can be cooled effectively.
Corsair’s says that their Hydro Series H5 SF is easy to install and measures just 84mm in height. The design allows the unit to be fitted directly atop of any Mini-ITX motherboard with no need to attach the H5 SF to any external fan mounts or brackets. That’s great for compatibility with a large number of systems based upon the mini ITX design and motherboards.
The closde loop features an integrated 120mm x 40mm radiator, which is then exhausted by a low-noise tuned 120mm blower fan. To help with cooling, the bower fan draws air over other heat creating motherboard components like VRMs and chipset heatsinks.
Corsair sent HEXUS the following product highlights bullet point list:
- Low profile liquid CPU Cooling – Provides efficient cooling for small form factor cases
- High-pressure, low-noise 120mm PWM blower fan – Powerful and quiet liquid cooling
- Ultimate SFF compatibility – Mounts to any Mini-ITX motherboard with no external fan mounts.
- Low permeability tubing – Ensures long life, and the flexible design makes installation easier in tight spaces
- Copper cold plate with pre-applied thermal compound – Pre-applied thermal compound saves you time and mess when installing
- MSRP: $79.99 exc. Tax
The H5 SF is said to be fully compatible with other Corsair products such as the Obsidian Series 250D, Carbide Series Air 240, Graphite Series 380T, and upcoming Bulldog 4K computer chassis. This liquid cooler is ‘available immediately’, however at the time of writing the official product page and other links weren’t yet published.
Information sourced from Hexus.net
[mks_separator style=”solid” height=”2″]
Thoughts? Discuss them in the forum.