Zotac 1080 mini or 1070 ti mini in the Skyreach 4 Mini?

R4H8E

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
I settled on using the motherboard fan headers as it was the only way i could retain full functionality of my 1080, whilst being able to achieve the noise levels i wanted. I outlined what i did here as well as some of the drawbacks of doing so...

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/zotac-gtx-1080-mini.1116/page-15#post-95247

Regarding the probe. How did you get it to stay where you wanted? Tape? Zip tie? I picked one up and I'm trying to get my mind around all aspects of this before I start taking things apart.

R4H8E

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
Ok. The one I picked up (www.amazon.com/dp/B00CMR38LC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_mK3RBbBD55R1D) did not come with any adhesive. I will have to try and figure out a solution when I get to that point.

Just another little tinkering thing to get the S4M how I want it. I also want to put a nf-a12x15 pwm over the l9a heatsink, but the b450-i wifi shroud is slightly too high. Going to have to Dremel some material off the fan. Also, I want to put a usb c port in the c8 opening I'm not using on the case.