Zotac 1080 mini fans mod

bananaboy93

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 28, 2018
Hello, I recently ordered a S4mini and waiting for it to be delivered. In the meantime im trying to mod my Zotac 1080 fans. I dont know if im doing this correctly. I ordered two noctua 92x14 low profile fans, I removed the old fans and shroud from my 1080. I want to know if the fans mount on the the card itself as pictured or do the fans mount inside the s4mini case.

I also ordered a "Mini 4-Pin GPU to 2 x 4-Pin PWM Fan Adapter" so I can connect it directly onto the graphics card. I chose that route because I believe its the easiest way for the graphics card to detect the fans rather than connecting it onto the motherboard.

I haven't seen any guides that shows how to mod the fans. Maybe I missed it, but please guide me to the correct one if possible. thank you

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
You can fit the fans either using the included skybracket or by attaching them to the heatsink using cable ties. The skybracket does not line up exactly over the GPU heatsink, but having tried both approaches the impact on temperatures is minimal.

Reactions: Phuncz

bananaboy93

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 28, 2018
You can fit the fans either using the included skybracket or by attaching them to the heatsink using cable ties. The skybracket does not line up exactly over the GPU heatsink, but having tried both approaches the impact on temperatures is minimal.
Thank you! answered my question!

bpark919

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2018
Are temps better with this mod in the S4 mini? How much better are we talking and would this work with the ti as well?

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Temps are pretty similar.... but the noctua fans are a lot quieter

This works for both 1080 and 1080ti models.

buttrmytoast

Trash Compacter
Jun 2, 2018
@OP or anyone else really, Can I ask where you bought this adapter from? I'm trying to mod this myself as well but don't know where to buy this adapter.