Discussion World slimmest mATX chassi with only mobo & PSU inside. Means <8L. What is available?

chassi

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Oct 8, 2021
Hi all!

I have checked various chassis like

All of these have unnecessary space. I will fit in a chassi a micro-ATX motherboard with M.2 storage (so tiny it takes no space). There should be a tiny PSU like the HDPlex
https://hdplex.com/hdplex-internal-400w-ac-dc-adapter-with-active-pfc-and-19vdc-output.html , this can be fit into the cubical form required by the mATX motherboard.

There should be some big fan too and this will fit into the shape of the cube also. Alas clearly a mATX chassi does not need to be bigger than approx 260x260x80mm.

Browsing the market, I can't find such a chassi anywhere. Who sells it? Do you know anyone who could make a custom order for me?

Thanks!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum !

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !

chassi

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Oct 8, 2021
@Phuncz I am asking for advice on what is commercially available. This is not an attempt to sell something - I am trying to buy something and can't find a perfect fit. If you have suggestions of product models and manufacturers let me know.

Reactions: Phuncz

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
The smallest I could find is the Cemo M1 at 315x250x100/7.9L

A bit taller because it uses a Flex/1U PSU, which, imo, is preferable of DC with an external brick anyway.(But it does have a hole for a DC power barrel jack)