Will this GPU fit the A4 case?

xiaodai

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 21, 2018
Hi,

I am currently planning a new PC with A4 SFX case.
But I have some confusion about the GPU volume limitation.
According to the case's specification, it supports GPUs with 40 (without backplate) and 45 (including backplate) at most. I do not quite understand this description.

For now, I am targeting two models of RX580 GPUs. One is Sapphire RX580 pulse, and the other one is Sapphire RX580 Nitro+.

The second one is slightly larger than the first one, due to its bigger heat sink.

I was wondering whether the NITRO+ version can fit the A4 SFX case. Otherwise, is pulse version fit it for sure.

Thanks a lot.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
The Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ should fit without issues if it is this card.
As long as it is dual slot and no longer than 300mm long you are generally fine.

I mean, if it is smaller than a 1080ti FTW3 then you're in the green since that is basically the maximum size GPU the A4 supports.

xiaodai

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 21, 2018
The Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ should fit without issues if it is this card.
As long as it is dual slot and no longer than 300mm long you are generally fine.

I mean, if it is smaller than a 1080ti FTW3 then you're in the green since that is basically the maximum size GPU the A4 supports.

Thanks for the reply.

The main concern of mine is that NITRO's width is 2.2 slot (43mm), which exceeds the standard 2 slot (40mm). So I was wondering whether it can fit the case.

And after check, the mentioned 1080ti FTW3's width seems exactly 40mm.

Last edited:

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Thanks for the reply.

The main concern of mine is that NITRO's width is 2.2 slot (43mm), which exceeds the standard 2 slot (40mm). So I was wondering whether it can fit the case.

And after check, the mentioned 1080ti FTW3's width seems exactly 40mm.
Ah okay, if it's more than 2 slot it won't fit no. The photos made it look like 2 slot which is misleading. But yeah, must be no more than 2 slots.

xiaodai

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 21, 2018
Ah okay, if it's more than 2 slot it won't fit no. The photos made it look like 2 slot which is misleading. But yeah, must be no more than 2 slots.

So A4 SFX strictly limit the GPU with 2 slot?

From the photo 1, the nitro version is just slightly higher than the metal.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I don't know why. Because CAD say 47mm. 42mm above PCB + 5mm backplate area. Maybe MSI offer wrong specs.

Reactions: Tazpr

blno

Efficiency Noob
Nov 27, 2018
I don't know why. Because CAD say 47mm. 42mm above PCB + 5mm backplate area. Maybe MSI offer wrong specs.

You're right, I've measured the 47mm exactly on my v2.

It seems that MSI gives the wrong thickness for the Ventus non-OC version.