What would have better thermals out of 2 ultra low profile coolers?

Dapuma

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 18, 2019
Hello,

I am doing a project that involves a thin itx motherboard(prime h310t/csm), and I have a cooler height limitation of 24mm.

I am trying to go for best thermals, so I was wondering if I should go with one of those 23mm tall coolers such as the Silverstone Argon AR04 or nitrogon nt-07 115x or go for one of those all in one PC 1u cooling modules like this one: https://m.nl.aliexpress.com/item/32...tor-8017&spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.5bc42e0eSFbLzX

If there's a better 8017 blower fan(idc about sound as much) can you please link it?
Also, I didn't know exactly where to post this.

RishabhX3576

Efficiency Noob
Sep 8, 2017
I can suggest you design considerations for each of Nitrogon NT-07 or The AliEx 1U Cooler. I am assuming the AliEx 1U cooler can dissipate 65W:
1. The AliEx 1U will require chassis space beside motherboard, thus increasing the area of your casing. NT-07 will not extend outside the motherboard area.
2. Passive components on motherboard also require some secondary cooling for better life. Because AliEx 1U is blowing away from the motherboard, it won't do so. Residual air from NT-07 will cool the motherboard.
3. Using AliEx 1U cooler, you need to blow the hot air either up or on the side, hence requiring a dedicated exit. With NT-07, small holes all around the case will do.

On a side note, how about ASRock A320TM-ITX with Ryzen 2400G?

Dapuma

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 18, 2019
I can suggest you design considerations for each of Nitrogon NT-07 or The AliEx 1U Cooler. I am assuming the AliEx 1U cooler can dissipate 65W:
1. The AliEx 1U will require chassis space beside motherboard, thus increasing the area of your casing. NT-07 will not extend outside the motherboard area.
2. Passive components on motherboard also require some secondary cooling for better life. Because AliEx 1U is blowing away from the motherboard, it won't do so. Residual air from NT-07 will cool the motherboard.
3. Using AliEx 1U cooler, you need to blow the hot air either up or on the side, hence requiring a dedicated exit. With NT-07, small holes all around the case will do.

On a side note, how about ASRock A320TM-ITX with Ryzen 2400G?

I ended up on a different thing, the Intel 1155lp. I do have space next to the motherboard and using it will allow me to slim the design of my body to almost down to an inch.

I really, really wanted to use amd and the ASRock a320tm but there were a few considerations I had in mind that ended up making it a deal breaker. I plan on using an eGPU via the m.2 slot, as I have an extra gpu. I needed 2 SATA III ports being able to work simultaneously. Which unfortunately this motherboard doesn't have. Thirdly, the. H310t has internal USB 3.0 ports, but I'm sure I can find away around needing one. Lastly, I don't know the cost, and availability. But now that I have put some thought into it, I might be able to use the outer USB ports and use a right angle connector. And the motherboard+CPU combo will be much cheaper than the Intel counterpart, especially since I live walking distance from a microcenter.

Dapuma

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 18, 2019
Also, I probably will end up getting a ryzen 3 2200g, or possibly a ryzen 5 2400G in a bundle with a motherboard and sell the motherboard on Reddit or something.