What is the best air cpu cooler for the Dan A4?

CALiiGeddon

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 30, 2019
I have found out about a few air coolers recently but what would you guys consider to be the definite winner of them all? The coolers I found are the Cooltek LP53, Noctua-L9i, Alpenföhn Black Ridge, and the Cryorig C7. Let's say I use the best Noctua fan that can fit and I don't want to use VLP RAM. I've seen a post with somebody using 4mm standoffs to make the LP53 work so that is an option.

I am looking at the 9600k as my go to CPU since gaming is my primary focus with this build. GPU wise I am looking at a 2070 Super but to keep everything cooler I plan on deliding the CPU and applying liquid metal to everything, maybe even use some Fujipoly Ultra thermal pads with the GPU too.

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
As far as I recall the c7 with a better fan is the best performing solution, but the Black ridge looks so damn good...

CALiiGeddon

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 30, 2019
As far as I recall the c7 with a better fan is the best performing solution, but the Black ridge looks so damn good...

It looks like there is a new C7 coming in September that looks great.

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
There is already a test suite of OptimumTech showing 0 difference between the standard c7 and the graphene version. It looks better though...

Myzhi

Chassis Packer
Dec 9, 2018
There is already a test suite of OptimumTech showing 0 difference between the standard c7 and the graphene version. It looks better though...
OptimumTech seems do many of his tests in a open bench so it might not be precise in measuring for a SFF environment.

Personally, I have both the C7 CU and C7G. In a Dan A4 V2 and running a 9700K @ 4.4GHz, I found the C7G to be 2-3C lower.