Was told I should post this here; Skyreach 4 Mini Brickless w/ 2070 Super! Case unmodded

willxlliw

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 11, 2019
Here's an Imgur album that goes over the basics -
CPU: Intel i7-8700k

Motherboard: Asus Z390-i Strix

RAM: 32gb Trident Z 3200mhz

GPU: Zotac 2070 SUPER Mini

Storage: 2tb Intel 660p M.2, 1tb Intel 660p M.2

PSU: HDPlex 400w Combo

Case: NFC Skyreach 4 Mini

GPU fans: Noctua Chromax NF-A9 x 2

I have been in love with this chassis ever since I first saw it on Linus's channel. I finally went all in on it, building the system I've always wanted. It's not perfect, still needs some work, but this has been a fun experience.

Basically all I did to make everything fit was remove the heatsink on the HDplex 400w DC-ATX. I'm not 100% sure if that was the most intelligent move but I'm looking into alternatives including modding the heatsink to fit around components. Temperature-wise it's honestly not much different from when I had everything in my Dr. Zaber Sentry. I imagine the Skyslots are to thank for that, as well as the higher-quality fans from Noctua.

The HDplex has a noticeable coil whine as well as a crackling sound which ramps up and down based on load. I'm concerned about that but I can live with it as long as it's safe. I'm hoping it disappears but given the sensitivity of such a product I'm pleased.

As to not clutter up this post, all specific details can be found in this post - Any questions, comments and/or advice I'm totally open to!

willxlliw

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 11, 2019
this is a really nice build, thank you for sharing it! :D

Also, if you're getting coil whine from your HDPLEX, you can put some clear JB weld epoxy on the coild and it will almost eliminate all the coil whine, it worked on my old HDPLEX 300.
That's an interesting fix. Looking into it now for sure.

Reactions: CubanLegend