Wanted: 10L or smaller case SFX PSU less than $100US

chiliwili

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Mar 3, 2018
OK some details. i5 6500 with 16GB ram. EVGA GTX950 video single fan short card. 2 SSD drives, Samsung EVO 860. This is all in a Coolermaster Elite 130 right now. Corsair closed loop water cooled only because of configuration. I am going to a Noctua NH-L9i.
I also have a NFC S4mini but have not built it yet due to power supply availability issues.

Silverstone SG13, not much smaller than the 130 I have now.
Fractal node 202, maybe only 10L but that thing is fricking huge looking.

I am liking the Lazer3d LZ7, just not the price.

Reactions: loader963

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Not many of the boutiques are gonna be cheaper than a $100. So I’m trying to think of some more commercial cases that would fit your needs. But from the specs I see:

40mm cpu clearance
Itx GPU
2x 2.5 drives
Sfx psu

Another question: any reason you don’t sell the s4 if you aren’t gonna use it to help fund a purchase of a LZ7?

Reactions: annasoh323

chiliwili

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Mar 3, 2018
I will sell the S4mini to fund a different case. I was hoping to sell it for both the cost of a new case and PSU.
I guess the Lazer3D LZ7 is off the table since they are out of stock on half the main components to build the case. Plus their configure program is broke. Wont let me select the proper corner because the wrong side panel is selected, Wont let me select the proper side panel because the wrong corner is selected. WTF?! (This is at overclockers,uk)
Never cared much for the Lian Li boxes.

chiliwili

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Mar 3, 2018
I dont know what the deal is between Lazer3D and Overlcokers.co.uk but there is a huge price increase going through overclockers (over $60US for the same configurations.) Also half the stuff is out of stock, still.

So, I went with the Sugo 05. I may be shortening it up a bit, that will take the size down to just under 8L. (also only $40US Amazon prime.)

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
I dont know what the deal is between Lazer3D and Overlcokers.co.uk but there is a huge price increase going through overclockers (over $60US for the same configurations.) Also half the stuff is out of stock, still.

The prices at overclockers UK have the VAT (EU's Value Added Tax) included in the price by default, because they sell mostly to European countries. If you are on the US the VAT is not included and the price is updated on the cart depending on the shipping information, so you'd pay the same price that's on Lazer3d website, that doesn't include VAT by default.
About parts being out of stock, it happens unfortunately as demand is high. K888D just made a delivery of parts not long ago, and is already working on the next one.

Reactions: chiliwili

chiliwili

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Mar 3, 2018
The prices at overclockers UK have the VAT (EU's Value Added Tax) included in the price by default, because they sell mostly to European countries. If you are on the US the VAT is not included and the price is updated on the cart depending on the shipping information, so you'd pay the same price that's on Lazer3d website, that doesn't include VAT by default.
About parts being out of stock, it happens unfortunately as demand is high. K888D just made a delivery of parts not long ago, and is already working on the next one.

Totally forgot about VAT. Thanks for clearing that up. As I stated in my last post I ordered a Sugo 05 and will mod it into a sort of poor man's LZ7. Maybe in the spring when I get my bonus at work I will order an actual LZ7.

Reactions: owliwar

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Totally forgot about VAT. Thanks for clearing that up. As I stated in my last post I ordered a Sugo 05 and will mod it into a sort of poor man's LZ7. Maybe in the spring when I get my bonus at work I will order an actual LZ7.
No problem! you got a really good deal :) just wanted to clear that up, as I usually forgot about VAT myself lol

Cheers

Reactions: chiliwili