Enclosure Very Low height case for htpc.

Cyber Locc

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
Hey guys, I was wondering you had any suggestions for a very low height htpc case.

I'm aiming to build a new HTPC so I can free up my main rig from HTPC duty's lol.

What I'm looking for however is difficult. I need a case that will fit in my TV stands center :(. Which is of course wife choose, so my space is very very limited.

I need it to fill the 3.75 inch cavity. As far as width and depth, I can do 19 inches or less wide, and 14.5 or less depth (to account for cables, it's actually 15.75 deep so a little play there).

The issue I'm running into is height, I found a few htpc cases at that height as I'm sure you know, however they all move air above and below which won't work.

My cabinet has 3 fans in the back so venting air backwards is ideal. A rack case would likely be best, but I can't find one that looks decent (without ugly swicthes and such) while still meeting my needs.

Further needs are the ability to mount a full size GPU and if possible a Blue ray drive (I can us that so not a deal breaker).

Preferably under 200$.

Thanks in advance.

Oh forgot to mention, it needs to hold and cool a I5 or Ryzen 5 (undecided as of yet) and a GTX 1070, preferably 1 3.5 inch slot as well, but dual 2.5s could work I guess.

Mar 6, 2017
S4 Mini? I don't know what 3.75 inches is, but pretty sure it's less than 64mm. Keep in mind you'll need to elevate it a bit to allow for GPU intake.

Cyber Locc

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017

What lol?

S4 Mini? I don't know what 3.75 inches is, but pretty sure it's less than 64mm. Keep in mind you'll need to elevate it a bit to allow for GPU intake.

It is workable size. It is always out of stock though lol. I do have my eye on that one though.

Node 202 and RVZ02.

So those are a yes and a no. Yes they are listed as fitting the dimensions, they are not listing the fact they have 1/2 inch feet that put them out of the dimensions, also as stated in OP they pull air from above and below the chassis. Which I don't have space for.

Think of it as a rack environment. They will be shoved in a very low height cubby. They cannot pull air above or below the chassis, as they will be sandwiched.

I need something that is 2.75 inches tall, therefore it allows airflow above and below. Or I need something that pulls air front to back, like a rack case.

There is a few rack cases that will work, I need a 2U. The issue is, those cases are horridly ugly. With big rocker swicthes and godly bright LEDs. A simple elegant rack case would work fine.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Everyone relax. Metric hero is here.

3.75 inches is 95 mm. Give or take a mil.

So you have 20 mm space top and bottom if you go S4M, but case feet from nfc systems is unfortunately is 15.5 mm. Some diy 10 mm rubber feet might look perfect, gaining you enough WAF.

Last edited:
Reactions: owliwar

Cyber Locc

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
the new S4M in made to order now, placed your order on weekdays and it will ship on Sunday :p
Also I can confirm that S4M is 64mm width.

Well how do you order then? I went to the site the other day before making this post, and all it says is out of stock.

Everyone relax. Metric hero is here.

3.75 inches is 95 mm. Give or take a mil.

So you have 20 mm space top and bottom if you go S4M, but case feet from nfc systems is unfortunately is 15.5 mm. Some diy 10 mm rubber feet might look perfect, gaining you enough WAF.

That would be 30mm top and bottom, actually 31 to be very technical. So the feet would land it with 15mm on top and 15mm below. Perfect amount for airflow.

Now just need to see about how to order one of these lol.

Edit: okay he's right now it says I can order for weekly delivery.

Now I have to decide that or this rack case I was looking at. The rack case is pretty slick, and has 3 hot swap drive bays, great for media center! Have to think now. The S4 takes full size GPUs and Pico PSUs. The rack case takes full size PSUs and half height GPUs. Hmm descions lol.