Log Custom_Mod super Mini 3.2L (7800X3D + 4060Ti) build

wertzius

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 13, 2022
Do you own Deep Rock Galactiv (also in Battle pass)? Staying in the Lobby without FPS limit also leads to breaking the temp limit.

Reactions: chinevo

chinevo

SFF Recordsman
Original poster
May 11, 2017
Do you own Deep Rock Galactiv (also in Battle pass)? Staying in the Lobby without FPS limit also leads to breaking the temp limit.
Thanks for advice. Yes, I use fps limits in lobby and often limit fps in game (360fps because my monitor is 360hz).

I am completely satisfied with the behavior of my 7800X3D in games. My L9a runs quietly at max 50% speed (I set it in the bios), the temperature is max 85C and it doesn't scare me. As I wrote earlier, the processor runs at 4.6-4.7GHz and is almost fully realized.

chinevo

SFF Recordsman
Original poster
May 11, 2017
Got a new toy today. Palit RTX 4060 Ti 8Gb StormX. Tests are coming.

CeleryGod

Caliper Novice
Jul 8, 2023
Dang, I don't see the Palit Storm X 4060 ti available anywhere in the U.S., so far the only single fan 40 series I see is the Zotac 4060.

MatiMike

Efficiency Noob
May 2, 2023
Dang, I don't see the Palit Storm X 4060 ti available anywhere in the U.S., so far the only single fan 40 series I see is the Zotac 4060.
yeah watch out for the 4060s, the only legit single fan 4060 is the Zotac one, the other ones have a aluminum slug heatsink like the one used for CPUs, its not the end of the world per say but its a cheap way for them to manufacture the heatsink and is just worse at heat disipation leading to higher fan speeds, noise levels, etc

Reactions: CeleryGod

BruvAL

Efficiency Noob
Mar 16, 2023
Hey everyone, i've seen people are curious how to get the 4060 ti palit when you're in the states. Well i found the solution check out the forum i've been in on reddit. I found a UK ecom store that sells to people in the states. A few (myself inclued) have had success getting the palit 4060ti in the US. Hope this helps.

Also, does anyone know how to set a TJ MAX temp on the 5800x3d? i have the x570-i strix board.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Reactions: JIRArtigues

JIRArtigues

Efficiency Noob
Jan 10, 2023
Hey everyone, i've seen people are curious how to get the 4060 ti palit when you're in the states. Well i found the solution check out the forum i've been in on reddit. I found a UK ecom store that sells to people in the states. A few (myself inclued) have had success getting the palit 4060ti in the US. Hope this helps.

Also, does anyone know how to set a MAX C temp on the 5800x3d? i have the x570-i strix board.

Thanks,
In the Bios, make sure you're in the "Advanced Mode", then click on "Ai Tweaker", scroll down a bit and click on "Precision Boost Overdrive" then "Platform Thermal Throttle Limit" and set it from "Auto" to "Manual", then set whatever temp you want. While you're in that tab, you might as well click on "Curve Optimizer", set it to "All Cores", then the sign to "Negative" and the Magnitude to "30". It worked very well for me.

A bit of advice if you mainly use your PC for gaming. You might want to try setting a max voltage for your CPU so it runs cooler (well worth it in my opinion because the difference in temps and power draw are HUGE but barely noticeable in terms of performance). It is what I have done and through trial and error I ended up settling at 0.9v. Keep in mind that if you go too low your computer won't boot and you'll have to reset the BIOS, which is a pain in the ass in such a small case and without a dedicated button.
Anyway, if you want to do this, in the same "Ai Tweaker" tab, you can set your VDDCR CPU Voltage to "Manual" and the VDDCR CPU Voltage Override to "0.9v" (by just typing 0.9 in the box) or whichever voltage you feel comfortable with (0.925, 0.95, etc). I've been running it at 0.9v since I bought the CPU in January or so and it's been great. Insignificant performance hit when gaming at 3440x1440(I've done several benchmarks) and a significant drop in power and temps.

Have fun!

Last edited:

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
Today I received interesting fan - Scythe Slip Stream Slim 120mm (SY1212SL12M). It‘s super slim, thickness is only 12mm.

This is a very nice fan!

There are several versions of it (1600RPM, 1800RPM, maybe some more).

Beware of Aliexpress clones of this fan! They are not true 12mm, I suspect they are using a 12mm frame with a regular set of blades from a 15mm fan so the blades are protruding quite a bit making the required clearance much larger.

That being said, the OG versions of this fan also have some disadvantages, namely motor hum and motor/bearing temperatures, so better have a replacement one at hand.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
What are the differences between the standard CustomMod MINI and your 3.2L version? Love the colour!