Due to my particular time zone, I’m very used to waking up in the morning to a press release or two in my SFF Network email inbox. However, what I’m not used to, is getting a public press release in my personal inbox before the official media one has arrived!
CORSAIR sent out a public marketing email this morning touting the new ONE i500, the long awaited successor to the original CORSAIR ONE. The new chassis features wood accents, touch controlled lighting, and a larger form factor than the previous system. The product page linked in the email, however, doesn’t exist.
The ONE i500 appears to contain a M-ATX board (the superior form factor, fight me) using Intel’s LGA1700 socket and an i9-14900k. GPU options are either a NVIDIA RTX 4080 SUPER or a 4090. Memory upgradeability is limited to 64GB of DDR5 (seems low considering 4 slots), and the storage bundled comes in at 2TB of NVMe SSD. As with the previous ONE, closed loop colling is the name of the game here, with both the CPU and...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I like the exterior design, too bad it's not SFF anymore. Also loading this with a 14900K and a 4090 is just asking for cooling capacity issues in this layout. A single 120mm radiator for a 14900K 🤪 Not going with a 7800X3D in this build signals to me it's not designed to be sold to people that read a review or two.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I like the exterior design, too bad it's not SFF anymore. Also loading this with a 14900K and a 4090 is just asking for cooling capacity issues in this layout. A single 120mm radiator for a 14900K 🤪 Not going with a 7800X3D in this build signals to me it's not designed to be sold to people that read a review or two.

Check out der8auer's review. Like you would guess runs very hot, it's also really loud even at idle with no way to adjust the fan profile.

Reactions: riba2233

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Yeah I've seen it, everyone will blame the reason on the "tiny case", even though the previous version was almost half the volume yet also handled top tier gear. But Corsair can apparently not read TDP guidelines.

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Well, my guess with their press photos etc. they aim it more at the 3D-AI-Media worker with occassional bouts of gaming?

Alas, the complete setup feels so entirely wrong to me - why wouldnt you set it up similar to a Meshlicious, with a rotated mainboard at best?

Whenever I see this fancy but futile "look I'm a great PR flack - look what I cooked up!" attempts, I want to go out and build something that shows HOW its done right ..

.. like with that other failure of that .. wait, this also was a Corsair, the 2500X, which is a 53L case that only allows for mATX and ITX boards. I was like: Ok, grab one of the bigger Mars Computers fish tanks, add nifty hardware inside, and show that one off. Their cases might be not of fancy materials, feeling a bit on the cheaper side, but hey - you get 4 - 5 cases of that for the same price?

With Corsair, it always feel like: They finally get it right, and then suddenly .. the wtfpm rate jumps to new heights.

cu, w0lf.

realdeal36

Chassis Packer
Dec 24, 2017
Looks like an M-ATX version of the Fractal Design Era. Too bad about the noise of the system. A 240mm would easily fit on that side bracket. Not sure why a 120mm aio was used. Maybe old inventory a supplier is trying to offload?

Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch