Two fans on the bottom beneficial or leave it as is?

SuperShires

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 16, 2019
So I've had my M1 built for a while now and I'm super happy with it, only gripe being the Founders RTX2060 Super being locked at 41% fan speed.
My question is, would two fans (most likely Noctua Chromax) as intake be a great enough improvement to warrant spending £40~?
I've noticed that in Modern Warfare it hits 81 degrees (albeit the fan noise isn't too bad so I presume it's just Nvidia being stingy on the fan speed)

I know that people de-shroud their GPU and stick two fans as exhaust but I presume I can't do that as I have a Founders card so two fans as exhaust would be a terrible idea.

I might just wait it out till the RTX3000 series comes out and buy a board partners version once prices are reasonable.

Amarr

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 16, 2020
You decide to hold off on the fans then?

I'm pretty new around here, but should have my M1 arrive, along with a C14s and two NF-P12s, in the next week or so.

Currently got a 3600 & PNY 2060 Super. They seem to have kept it pretty vanilla in terms of the cooling so that might be decent comparison for you.

If I see any notable improvement with those NF-P12s, you'd expect even more so with the Chromax or NF-A12x25 fans. I just couldn't bring myself to spend £50 on them!

Will keep you posted.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
You go
You decide to hold off on the fans then?

I'm pretty new around here, but should have my M1 arrive, along with a C14s and two NF-P12s, in the next week or so.

Currently got a 3600 & PNY 2060 Super. They seem to have kept it pretty vanilla in terms of the cooling so that might be decent comparison for you.

If I see any notable improvement with those NF-P12s, you'd expect even more so with the Chromax or NF-A12x25 fans. I just couldn't bring myself to spend £50 on them!

Will keep you posted.
You go a12 or you don't get noctua 120mm haha. But jokes aside, waiting on chromax a12 to deshroud the strix. Really like to know your findings.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
So I've had my M1 built for a while now and I'm super happy with it, only gripe being the Founders RTX2060 Super being locked at 41% fan speed.
My question is, would two fans (most likely Noctua Chromax) as intake be a great enough improvement to warrant spending £40~?
I've noticed that in Modern Warfare it hits 81 degrees (albeit the fan noise isn't too bad so I presume it's just Nvidia being stingy on the fan speed)

I know that people de-shroud their GPU and stick two fans as exhaust but I presume I can't do that as I have a Founders card so two fans as exhaust would be a terrible idea.

I might just wait it out till the RTX3000 series comes out and buy a board partners version once prices are reasonable.
41% isn't that audible on the FE cards right? I think you will drop at least 5% in fan speed, maybe up to 10%. Nothing really more, since the 2060 isn't that power hungry. So decide what you want :)