Trying to fit an MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Evoke OC inside a SKYREACH 4 MINI -- is it possible?

troyyyy89

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 30, 2018
So, the review for the MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Evoke OC just came out.

My cliffnotes:

- The card is 235mm long and quite wide. The SKYREACH 4 MINI specs as only being able to fit up to 215mm graphic cards, and also needs space for the HDPLEX 400W AC-DC PSU.
- Judging by the pictures, it seems pretty obvious that you cannot "prune" the card, much like what Josh did with the 1080 Ti Mini.
- Despite what NVIDIA might say, I am crazy and would really like this card in my SFF case. I also don't really like the idea of spending $800+ CAD on a 27" 240Hz G-SYNC when I can spend half of that on a 27" 240Hz FreeSync.

Is there any way to make this baby work inside an S4 Mini? If not, can I possibly expect even smaller alternatives in the future? Thanks for your help!

Reactions: k0n

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
So, the review for the MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Evoke OC just came out.

My cliffnotes:

- The card is 235mm long and quite wide. The SKYREACH 4 MINI specs as only being able to fit up to 215mm graphic cards, and also needs space for the HDPLEX 400W AC-DC PSU.
- Judging by the pictures, it seems pretty obvious that you cannot "prune" the card, much like what Josh did with the 1080 Ti Mini.
- Despite what NVIDIA might say, I am crazy and would really like this card in my SFF case. I also don't really like the idea of spending $800+ CAD on a 27" 240Hz G-SYNC when I can spend half of that on a 27" 240Hz FreeSync.

Is there any way to make this baby work inside an S4 Mini? If not, can I possibly expect even smaller alternatives in the future? Thanks for your help!

no idea.

Last edited:

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Get a custom front panel so that it sticks out, and hdplex ac dc brick externally?
Since the front panel is custom (and "3D" like from the S4 classic, but deeper and vented), you could totally add the HDPlex ACDC to the motherboard side...

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Since the front panel is custom (and "3D" like from the S4 classic, but deeper and vented), you could totally add the HDPlex ACDC to the motherboard side...
I maybe imagining this the wrong way.. there's still internal frame right? And you'd still need space to put dc-atx unit there?

But yeah if one can somehow relocate the dc-atx somewhere, the brick would fit nicely in there. Maybe if dynamo combo still selling...

Edit: no, it won't! The reason it fits at all at the bottom is because there's no flange there. In the front of the case you need 1 mm off the width of the brick.

Last edited:

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
I maybe imagining this the wrong way.. there's still internal frame right? And you'd still need space to put dc-atx unit there?
You're right... I was thinking the DC-ATX would stay where it is, and I guess you'll have to put the HDPlex brick on the outside of the chassis. Nevermind lol