CPU Trying to buy a 3080

alitech

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jan 7, 2021
Any ideas on where I can buy a new msrp 3080 in the US? I just need to learn some tricks on how to source one. I can see places please vest buy have them listed for $699 but sold out.

Are you guys putting bots on certain pages?

Is there a website where I can keep an eye on stock across the US?

elvendawn

Average Stuffer
Nov 12, 2020
Hi alitech,

3080's are the most sought after cards atm for gamers and miners alike, on top of the general chip shortages and the recent holidays. There are various ways to be notified when BB, B&H, Newegg, Amazon, etc drop cards, realistically BB drops and Newegg shuffles are best way to try to get them without the assistance of bots. You can find various costs to use bots originally mostly used by scalpers, however I suspect they are more popular for general buyers too, unfortunately. Another option is to go sign up at EVGA.com to get notified when they have cards available. It's currently setup as a wait list, so eventually they'll get to you, however that could be 6mo to a year from now at this point.

Stockdrops.net is a good place to start for notifications, there is also "live" YT channels that have similar functionality.
Newegg has a shuffle handful of days a week on various high demand items, often including 3000 cards. (https://www.newegg.com/product-shuffle) Check it around 11AM PT daily to see if they have anything you are interested in.

I don't know much about the bot options, I refuse to use them out of principal, maybe I'm just naïve.

I wish you all the luck in the world trying to get one, send some my way when you do, I've been trying since they released without luck. :)