Log Triple 240 Cerberus X || Dont do it

Kuvl0

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Jun 2, 2019
If its not in the compatiblity list you probably shouldnt try... but sometimes you just have to ...

As i wasnt happy with only 2 x 240 Rads, even after "upgrading" the bottom one to a thick HWlabs GTR 240, I wanted to figure out if it was possible to install another one in the top. I couldnt find any pictures of someone else doing it so i just said f*** it and ordered a slim xpsc crossflow one for reasons you'll see.

I have no Idea how to post pictures in a good way so im just dropping the imgur Link which seems to work 😄
You can see the first iteration of my build and the assembly of the "new" one. Sadly I encountered some corrosion on the GPU Block but i couldnt be arsed to do sth about it and decided to monitor it. Hasnt changed in 3 Months so ...

I would constantly hit roadblocks and in total this took more than three days to get together. Just to name a few :

1. Top rad would hit VRMs so I had to offset it by a few mm with a spacer
  2. As cables cant go over the Mainboard anymore I had to route them over the ram modules, which turned out after I had everything installed, wouldnt let my pump/res fit.
  3. "Return" tube wouldnt fit behind the front rad anymore due to more cables being there now so I had to route it in front. Dont really like the look of it but what ever.
All in all i accomplished my target of reducing my fanspeed to around 1200 rpm from 1500 while keeping the water temp at a max of 40°C Under full synthetic load.

Gpu gets to arround 54°C after an hour of furmark with the cpu being at 100% aswell.

Im rather happy how it turned out in the end.

System Specs :
CPU: 3900x
GPU:6900XT
MB:Aorus master X570
RAM:16 GB Corsair lp 3600