Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Ummm 570? It will be to bought? Ummm very very interesting... 570 vs 580... I must decide for one of them... ?

Personally I wound up deciding on the SM580. The size difference isn't too much, but the compatibility difference is huge. It's a difference of having a 3 slot GPU instead of two and a 280mm radiator instead of a 240mm radiator, with 140mm fans instead of 120mm. It's a lot of improvements for being only 1 liter bigger.

Reactions: Talyrius and JaPeMo

tuanster1119

Caliper Novice
Mar 14, 2019
Personally I wound up deciding on the SM580. The size difference isn't too much, but the compatibility difference is huge. It's a difference of having a 3 slot GPU instead of two and a 280mm radiator instead of a 240mm radiator, with 140mm fans instead of 120mm. It's a lot of improvements for being only 1 liter bigger.

I think this is where I've landed too. While waiting for 580 news, I started getting antsy and eyeing the 560 but never pulled the trigger because I want to be able to build a system without compromising, within limits. The biggest hurdle for me has been finding a good low profile cooler that is readily available.

Wintermute

Cable Smoosher
Oct 25, 2018

I agree. There's basically no reason to get the 570 over 580, the benefits of 580 for only +1L are huge. Honestly, SM570 might as well be scrapped to free up production time and resources. Similar might be said for SM550 vs. SM560 but 1.3L of volume difference is more noticeable in 10L category than 1L is in 16L category...
Still, I would just scrap the 2 of the smaller models in each category and go with larger ones with better compatibility, for reasons stated above (cheaper and easier development and manufacturing, with only 2 models instead of 4).

Last edited:

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Easily my favorite TechTuber right now, and I'm thrilled he's going to be covering these cases!

Absolutely. Optimum Tech has been putting out superbly high quality content relative to how new the channel is. The channel grew quickly and it really deserved it. I'm interested to see what his experimenting and testing with these cases reveals.

Reactions: Beardedswede

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Can anyone confirm if an Accelero III can/can't fit in the SM550 without fans? I know there's a little extra room for a 2 slot to not cause as much turbulence noise, but I can't tell if it's enough room to fit the Accelero III for passive cooling.

WGD118

Cable Smoosher
May 21, 2019
Hey guys. So per the advice of people on here, folks on reddit, and now Optimum Tech, I've flipped my bottom fans from intake to exhaust.... WOW! What a difference. The black ridge now performs on par with my 120mm AIO under load. Literally at 10C difference.

That is my plan as well with the SM580, using the vented side panel to have the air cooled GPU pull in cold air and then have a 280mm AIO exhausting out the top with another 2x140mm fans on the bottom exhausting out as well. This should create a strong negative pressure environment.

Reactions: ermac318

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
That is my plan as well with the SM580, using the vented side panel to have the air cooled GPU pull in cold air and then have a 280mm AIO exhausting out the top with another 2x140mm fans on the bottom exhausting out as well. This should create a strong negative pressure environment.
So if you have an AIO out the top, and you're doing intake on the bottom, why the vented side panels? 4x140mm fans should push enough air through the case that you don't need the vents, I would think. That's my plan, anyway. I'm going to be using a blower-style card with a 280mm AIO (or that's the plan right now) with acrylic panels.

cmill

Caliper Novice
May 21, 2019
So if you have an AIO out the top, and you're doing intake on the bottom, why the vented side panels? 4x140mm fans should push enough air through the case that you don't need the vents, I would think. That's my plan, anyway. I'm going to be using a blower-style card with a 280mm AIO (or that's the plan right now) with acrylic panels.

That's my thought also... Might not be a great move to create a negative pressure environment that is fighting your AIO.

I'm planning on putting a 280mm AIO in the top with windows on both sides. AIO will exhaust out, and 2 bottom 140mm fans will be intake. At some point I may switch to a custom loop too, not sure yet.

Reactions: ermac318

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
That's my thought also... Might not be a great move to create a negative pressure environment that is fighting your AIO.

I'm planning on putting a 280mm AIO in the top with windows on both sides. AIO will exhaust out, and 2 bottom 140mm fans will be intake. At some point I may switch to a custom loop too, not sure yet.
Exactly my plan as well. Might do fully custom loop someday with the single 280mm rad + 120mm rad in the bottom like has been discussed elsewhere in the thread, but then you have to find pump+rad combo units like this Swiftech and stuff to make this all work, unless you get something like the Apogee Drive II for your CPU block, or maybe the Alphacool Eisbaer LT Solo pump/block combo

WGD118

Cable Smoosher
May 21, 2019

First of all I am not doing intake on the bottom I am exhausting out the bottom also I am not concerned about my AIO a 280mm rad will be more then enough for even an overclocked Ryzen 3 I am more concerned about the heat on my GPU and this method will remove a lot of the heat from the GPU while also allowing it to get fresh air and I don't expect any negative pressure to be enough to create any noticable effect on two 140mm fans.