The New UI Doesn't Easily Let You See Which Threads You've Read

FullForceRainbow

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 12, 2016
I love the new design of sff.network, but there's one thing that's been bothering me. When you looked at a forum page (Custom Projects, for example), you could see at a glance which threads you had read all the posts in and which you hadn't. I like checking a couple times a day and reading all the stuff I've missed in specific forums, so I really miss this feature. Apologies if I've somehow missed it in the new interface!

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Thanks for the feedback! I'm happy to report that I've actually been testing an update which will display the 'New' badges consistently at the category, thread and comment level. The loss of threads w/unread comments being flagged as such on thread lists was a regression in the update to the forum.

That will probably go out today or tomorrow.

daedos

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2016
Fingers crossed. The lack of link or jump to unread posts is a real backward step. Extra faff is a real put off.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
My preference would be to have the "trending" widget replaced with a "new posts" widget.

But other than that I really like the new look.

FullForceRainbow

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 12, 2016
Just an update that I have been resolving a bug with this feature, but expect it to go out this weekend!

EDIT: I decided I wanted to test this in production first, so I will be publishing this during our maintenance window scheduled for tonight.
This is working perfectly now! Thank you so much for all the hard work on the updated site!