The new site is essentially a modern piece of bloatware junk.

Supercluster

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 24, 2016
I understand that many people like it. I wanted this thread to exist for posterity.

SFF forum has transitioned to a more "modern" version that I do not find appealing in any way. It is harder to navigate as a database, and is more like a social network.
I am not expecting anything to change for the better really, since this is the way the internet experience is being designed now.

This is a simple statement that can be backed up by a 6.2 MB home page, which is shameful and ridiculous.

Canities

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2017
To be honest, since the 'upgrade' i find myself using these forums less. The watched list is gone, all the images under text, etc, makes everything unreadable, and the drop-down on the left doesn't have each sub-forum listed to make it easier to navigate, but hey, what do i know...

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
I think I'm experiencing a bug: on the main page, the background images are not shown (which I believe is the intended visual) but when I hover over the subforum areas, the background images flicker in-and-out of the sight.

This happens heavily with Firefox, in a minor way (as thin lines) on MS Edge, and not at all with Opera. Don't have Chrome.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I think I'm experiencing a bug: on the main page, the background images are not shown (which I believe is the intended visual) but when I hover over the subforum areas, the background images flicker in-and-out of the sight.

This happens heavily with Firefox, in a minor way (as thin lines) on MS Edge, and not at all with Opera. Don't have Chrome.

It's fine on Chrome for me, but I did also experience the image flicker on Firefox yesterday & today

Reactions: Windfall

NFSxperts

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 7, 2015
Good job. Its nearly back to the way it was.
For the sub-forums, is it possible to have listed as small headers under the main forum like bullet points?

JSItems

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2019
I have to say it's really cool to see the designers listen to feedback. I really like the newest design!

deeree

Trash Compacter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 4, 2017
Thank you for bringing back the good OG frontpage! I didn't realize how useful it was until it was gone.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
You could try clearing cache and cookies (or the specific smallformfactor.net cookies atleast), it might have issues with the updated forum. I'm running Firefox 69.0b14 (64-bit) and I can't reproduce the flashes. It does show a new extremely subtle frame "feature" when hovering over the subfora. It might be related

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Ive just cleaned up the thread.
Please keep it on topic guys, this isnt the net neutrality debate thread, please take that to off-topic

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
You could try clearing cache and cookies (or the specific smallformfactor.net cookies atleast), it might have issues with the updated forum. I'm running Firefox 69.0b14 (64-bit) and I can't reproduce the flashes. It does show a new extremely subtle frame "feature" when hovering over the subfora. It might be related

I think Firefox 68.0.2 was having an issue with the hosts file I use to block BS websites as it was blocking every website, they've been making changes that had me wondering gradual slowdown to the non-operational state. Uninstalled FF, back to Chromium, speed up is very noticeable even from FF at its best.

Reactions: Phuncz

ikt

Chassis Packer
Nov 24, 2018
I think Firefox 68.0.2 was having an issue with the hosts file I use to block BS websites as it was blocking every website, they've been making changes that had me wondering gradual slowdown to the non-operational state. Uninstalled FF, back to Chromium, speed up is very noticeable even from FF at its best.

Again Firefox 68, Ubuntu 18.04, no issues

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
Again Firefox 68, Ubuntu 18.04, no issues

Yes, but are you using a hosts file like this for blocking? This does screw with browser page loading intentionally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

ikt

Chassis Packer
Nov 24, 2018
Yes, but are you using a hosts file like this for blocking? This does screw with browser page loading intentionally.

No there's no need, ublock + privacy badger + pia mace is enough for me.