Memory Team Group 2x32gb 3200mhz cl16

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
Original poster
May 15, 2020
Anyone try one of these kits?

its $130 (AUD) cheaper than the corsair LPX kit and better timings, the taller heat spreaders though might make it a pest for some(myself included) but its still tempting me over the corsair kit.

ive used team group ram in builds before, loads of their 2x8gb 3000 kits, my mrs uses one at the moment in her system without issues, just not sure about high capacity kits.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
Original poster
May 15, 2020
Cheers, would be good to see how it goes temp wise also, as the heatspreaders may be a bit tall and have to be removed for my planned build, might be able to retrofit my lpx spreaders onto it.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
Original poster
May 15, 2020
So i noticed the kit you linked @Platobob was the Vulcan not the Dark, but that was good as it has got low profile heat spreaders!
I just placed an order for the Vulcan 3000mhz kit, its a tad slower, but has the LP heat spreaders, hopefully I can clock it up a bit, my current 32gb kit is a 2666mhz kit running at 3200, so hopefully, I can get lucky, if not 3000 should be plenty i guess, the extra Ram will let me run more Vms with heavy workloads on them anyway so a slight perf drop for the ability to churn larger jobs = win all the same!

Fede

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2020
Anyone try one of these kits?

its $130 (AUD) cheaper than the corsair LPX kit and better timings, the taller heat spreaders though might make it a pest for some(myself included) but its still tempting me over the corsair kit.

ive used team group ram in builds before, loads of their 2x8gb 3000 kits, my mrs uses one at the moment in her system without issues, just not sure about high capacity kits.

You have Intel or AMD?
For AMD the G.Skill Neo is really good and not are tall

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
Original poster
May 15, 2020
You have Intel or AMD?
For AMD the G.Skill Neo is really good and not are tall
AMD, the Neo is tall, the same height as the normal tridentZ, too tall, swapped from tridentZ tot he vengeance lpx for the height.

Fede

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2020
AMD, the Neo is tall, the same height as the normal tridentZ, too tall, swapped from tridentZ tot he vengeance lpx for the height.

The T-Force Dark Z you comment is 43.5 mm (H) and the G.Skill Neo is 43.30mm (H) ?
My Neo >>

What's the maximum heigth you can use?

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
Original poster
May 15, 2020
The T-Force Dark Z you comment is 43.5 mm (H) and the G.Skill Neo is 43.30mm (H) ?
My Neo >>

What's the maximum heigth you can use?

see my above, I ended up going the vulcan, i had thought of removing the heat spreaders on the Dark Z if i was to use them.
no specific heigh limit, but want more wiggle room for cpu loop tubes for an upcomming build.

Platobob

Efficiency Noob
Jun 1, 2020
@DrLeroy , oh yes, sorry, I made a mistake of Dark Z vs Vulcan Z. The latter variant is the one I got but the 3200 instead of the 3000 variant. Thus I don't see any speed compromises while getting the benefit of an lpx form-factor.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
Original poster
May 15, 2020
My Vulcan kit arrived yesterday, dropped it in and it booted right up at 3200mhz cl16 using the xmp profile from my corsair 32gb kit, its also just as low profile. pretty happy :)
will check the timings and see if I can bump the frequency any higher over the weekend when i get a chance to play around again, but initial impressions are good and am glad i didn't spend the significantly more on the corsair kit.