Swiftech Apogee alternatives?

Idea

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 28, 2019
Hello,
I'm new to the SFF community, and I wasn't sure where to post this(mods please move this if there's a better section in the forums to post this haha). Anyways, I just got my hands on my 1st SFF case, aka the Nouvolo Steck. Now I was wondering if there were any alternative pump/res setups vs using an Apogee Drive II or Alphacool LT Solo/Eisbaer Solo? I'm sure these CPU Block/Pump units are fine, and work great... I'm just not a huge fan of the looks, and prefer the looks of a standalone CPU block.

I was wondering if anyone here has used the Bitspower Tiny Tank SC6 200?? It seems like it would be slim enough to lay down sideways under the PSU going across the motherboard area... However I just can't find any info on that pump they're using. I assume it'll be good enough for 2x 240mm rads, and a cpu/gpu block loop?? Another res I was thinking about was the Phanteks R160 sideways in the same spot. Would this work in a chassis like the Nouvolo Steck? I tried looking up some pictures of Ghost S1's and Stecks with open loops, but majority of them seem to be just using the Apogee Drive II or Alphacool block/pump with a few getting a little more creative but sacrificing radiator space, or by using a short/mini GPU which isn't an option for me since I'll be reusing the 2080 ti in my current build. Also, I've been hearing mixed things about the Alphacool DC-LT pump. My original idea was to get the Alphacool DC-LT standalone pump, and then get the Eisstation 40 DC-LT Reservoir, and mount it to the top radiator. But some people are saying it has just barely enough power for a full GPU/CPU loop w/ 2 rads? And that it's super loud, while others are saying it's about as loud as a DDC? o_O

I guess I don't need to use a reservoir, but if I can it would be nice just to make my life a little easier when filling the loop/bleeding. Any recommendations or more info on the pumps I mentioned would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! :)

Last edited:

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
Swiftech also makes a radiator + pump + reservoir combo! It's pretty long, but worth checking to see if it fits in one of your top-hats. Shoot-dang, 325mm, which appears to be at least 10mm too long. ? You might be able to cram a Drive X3 AIO in the bottom (with its little reservoir + pump poking up into the space below the PSU?), but open it up and drain it to add your GPU block and second radiator.

I imagine the Bistpower "Tiny Tank" has too large a cross-section (5cm x 5cm). As for the R160, it seems promising, but according to their support team is not designed for use in either "flat" orientation.

Late here, just a couple of thoughts! Keep us posted!

Idea

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 28, 2019
Swiftech also makes a radiator + pump + reservoir combo! It's pretty long, but worth checking to see if it fits in one of your top-hats. Shoot-dang, 325mm, which appears to be at least 10mm too long. ? You might be able to cram a Drive X3 AIO in the bottom (with its little reservoir + pump poking up into the space below the PSU?), but open it up and drain it to add your GPU block and second radiator.

I imagine the Bistpower "Tiny Tank" has too large a cross-section (5cm x 5cm). As for the R160, it seems promising, but according to their support team is not designed for use in either "flat" orientation.

Late here, just a couple of thoughts! Keep us posted!

Yeah I was looking at the MC220 Drive Rev 3 or whatever, but was so sad to find out it's just a little bit too long for it to fit in the hat. :(

I can't find any proper dimensions for the Drive X3. Seems like they're using a 28mm thick rad, but can't find anywhere what the total thickness with the pump/res is. Seems like it wont fit, because limit in the hats is 60mm. 28mm+25mm = 53mm and it seems like that res is deff thicker than 7mm. However it might fit, because even on the top there is quite a bit of space between the bottom of the top hat and the PSU. So right now I'm kind of torn between getting one or two DC-LT 3600rpm pumps, and mount them to some Hardware Labs 240gts rads with the Eisstation 40 reservoir which was made to be used with Alphacools server rack radiator line up. Or I might just say eff it, and try to cram in a DDC pump below (or above) the PSU and squeeze in a tiny little reservoir in the top hat since the 2nd rad I got is a Bitspower Leviathan and has g 1/4 threads on both sides of the rad, and I'd use one of the top facing G1/4 threads to mount a small reservoir to make filling easier.

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
Don't know if I'm late to the party, but I'm running an Alphacool Eisbaer Solo LT (the low profile block with a DC-LT pump built in) and it's both cool and impressively quiet once the air has bled out.

Loop is 1x 45mm thick 3x80mm rad and the Eisbaer.