Sunmilo T03 - 10.5L w/ 240mm AIO and 1080Ti

Kibby

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Nov 4, 2018
Today finally finished downsizing my build. Was hoping to be the first or almost the first in the english-speaking internet to make a build log with this case, but couple people finished several days earlier.

Current specs:
Case: Sunmilo T03 A4 (10.5L)
MB: Asus Maximus Impact 7
CPU: 4790k
GPU: EVGA 1080Ti SC2
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical
PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum
AIO: Corsair H100i Platinum RGB
SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 + 1TB Samsung 860

Might as well add my previous configuration.
Previously:
Case: Lian-Li TU200 (24L)
MB: Asus Maximus Impact 7
CPU: 4790k
GPU: MSI GTX 980 4G
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical
PSU: Chieftec CTG-750C
AIO: Corsair H90
SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 + 1TB WD Black

Last edited:

Okatiu

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 4, 2019
Hey! Awesome build, I really like it. If you don't mind I'd like to ask you some questions about the case and the shipment. :cool:
How did you contact Sunmilo ?
Were you able to customize the case? I'd like one similar to yours but with less holes on the front.
Does the radiator cover all the holes on the top or is there some space where air can directly flow from the inside of the case to the outside?
Do you think Sunmilo could do the same thing you did with the glass panel? That looks great, but I don't have the means to build it myself.
Why you couldn't pay directly?
Did you have to build it or does it come pre assembled?
Do you think it would be better for airflow to put a second fan where your SSDs are and move them to the top of the PSU?
How are your temps?

Thanks a lot for your time! If you can it'd be great to take some more pics, with some close-ups where the fan and the cables are for example!

Kibby

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Nov 4, 2018
Okatiu
1) First I contacted Sunmilo through Taobao directly using google translator, more specifically through Ali Wang Wang app. But after talking for a couple of days, I figured out that I won't be able to pay on Taobao, so I used an agent. Bhiner in my case.
2) Sunmilo already had pictures of this exact customization, so I sent them to people at Bhiner and they ordered exact same model. You can customize the case how you want without extra fees, but you have to provide CAD files with desired design.
3) Radiator fits exactly to the size of the top panel, so all of the exhaust air goes through it.
4) I reckon he could, using the metal panel instead of glass panels like in my case. But again you will probably need to provide CAD files. The panels that I made were not that difficult to make. I bought 2 sheets A3 of Perspex acrylic glass of ebay for around 10 euros each. Made a scan of top panel in a regular scanner, put lines in AutoCAD over the scan and brought the stuff to one of the several studios in my city, that do laser cutting. Paid 30 euros for the cuts (not too cheap, thats just the smallest amount that they do).
5) I was trying to figure out for a couple of days, but came to a conclusion that Taobao made it so, that you can only register your card if you have Chinese documents. Some people on the internet say, that they manage to pay there somehow, but I couldn't manage anyway. Find a reputable agent that is willing to listen to you and the fee of 5-7% for their service is definitely worth it. Since Sunmilo himself, when I was still trying to pay myself, made a personalized shipping fee for me and it was much higher, than through an agent.
6) It came fully built, but anyway in the process of building a PC you will probably have to take it mostly apart.
7) Not a great idea. PSU has exhaust on top and nothing at the bottom, plus there is a main power cord plugged on top and also Aio tubes occupy the space over the PSU. Why would you want to blow air into nothing.

https://i.imgur.com/60eFY4B.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/M3S9ekm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Vcp7OcT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UBhUG1i.jpg

Here you go man! :)

Edit: ordered some shorter cables for the PSU off Aliexpress today, will check on the quality and if they arent extremely bad, will free up some space at the bottom. My bottom panel is even bending a bit in the middle.
Cpu i think doesnt get over lower 60s, Gpu is in the middle of 70s. Depends on curves as well, i have them pretty toned down. Thats obviously under stress. Otherwise at idle Cpu is at around 33 on quiet curve and Gpu at around 45 without the fans spinning.

Edit 2: Actually tested Gpu and Cpu again. Gpu stays at 69 degrees at 100% load. Cpu at around 68 at 100%.

Last edited:

Okatiu

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 4, 2019
Could you tell me what program you used for the CAD file? It would be the first time for me.
About Bhiner: I went on their website and searched "sunmilo t03" but I found nothing. How exactly did you contact them?
Last thing: what did you search for on Aliexpress for the filter? I can only find 120x120 or 140x140 squares, but that's not what's needed on this case.
Great Temps btw! I'm wondering why this isn't a more mainstream case..

Kibby

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Nov 4, 2018
Okatiu
I used AutoCAD LT 2019 Student.
You should copy the Taobao link and insert it on Bhiner into search.
Filter

Last edited: