Enclosure Sunmilo S01

laser_ninja

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 19, 2018
kennui.com
Has anyone seen or used this? Found it on sunmilo's taobao.

I previously bought a K39 but received the wrong PCIe riser. Tried using my own riser but probably killed it due to the extreme bending required. This S01 is similar with the following changes/benefits depending on your perspective:

* fits a thin 120mm fan at the top
* supports SFX/L PSU
* slightly more CPU clearance, enough to open up more cooler options (56mm)

I personally like the taller look and don't mind going to 6.9L - which is still very small and basically half an ncase m1 and 1/3 of the streacom DA2, my previous choice for an upgrade.

What I like most is the monolithic look and the digital effect grill at the front, similar to HP servers. Not perfect by any means, I would probably move the power button to the top or away from the front. The side grills could have used a different hole pattern, perhaps the same as the front.

As to the hardware - i'll be moving my 4790k to a H97i Plus with a silverstone 600w SFX. The cooler will be a cryorig C7 CU graphene coated with noctua fan, also off taobao. It's probably the best the case can fit in terms of air cooling.

However, I might end up swapping the PSU to something else like a HDplex AC-DC and DC-DC, which should give enough space to fit a fan down there for intake. This will cost a HUGE amount of money though, the HDplex units are expensive.

Anyway, thoughts on this? I can't find any discussions, reviews, websites or videos on this exact case. I have never seen a sunmilo case in person but they look excellent. Feel free to comment if you've also tried their other cases.

Forgot case link - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...YG1UD2&id=584566083348&ns=1&abbucket=5#detail

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
That's a nice looking case, similar in size and layout to my MI-6. I do wish I had the 120mm fan mount.

calvinpp

Caliper Novice
Dec 9, 2017
I'd say go for it. I've got a Sunmilo T03 (this s01 just came out and wasn't available when I ordered it or else I would've gone for this one instead?a 6.9L CNC'ed case seems to be great value at around $130) and it is very decent quality.

cvt123

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2019
Hi
Did you go for it? I am interested in this form factor and pleased to find this. I wanted to go for the K39 but dont like the FLex ATX GPU, so this seems to be a great alternative. Did the case come with a PCI riser? Also, did you order from TaoBao directly or via an agent?
Thanks

laser_ninja

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 19, 2018
kennui.com
Haven't ordered yet. I did managed to track down a MSI 1070 aero itx which is somewhat rare here in AU. Chinese new year holiday means a pretty big delay so I will probably order in a week or so. I'll be ordering through superbuy.

Reactions: rfarmer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Haven't ordered yet. I did managed to track down a MSI 1070 aero itx which is somewhat rare here in AU. Chinese new year holiday means a pretty big delay so I will probably order in a week or so. I'll be ordering through superbuy.

I had the Aero itx before I upgraded to my 2070. Performance, cooling and noise levels are very good for a card that size.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
...and 1/3 of the streacom DA2, my previous choice for an upgrade...

Anyway, thoughts on this? I can't find any discussions, reviews, websites or videos on this exact case. I have never seen a sunmilo case in person but they look excellent. Feel free to comment if you've also tried their other cases.

Forgot case link - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...YG1UD2&id=584566083348&ns=1&abbucket=5#detail

Streacom DA2 is still in my list of next build. But, I have just added Sunmilo T02 Pro and Deng F15 to the list now.
I am basically an air cooling guy + I much prefer a full size display card + try to avoid using a PCIe riser cable as much as possible. So, S01 is not my cup of tea.

Anyway, in that Taobao link, I suppose you might have already noticed that the builder has a Chiphell thread about this S01:-
https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1942956-1-1.html

And there is an installation video:- (with Gigabyte RTX 2070 Mini ITX card)
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av41576371

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

laser_ninja

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 19, 2018
kennui.com
Finally purchased the case. Got a ton of other unrelated stuff in my superbuy warehouse, i'm going to end up around 14kg.... that's gonne be a hefty delivery fee.

I think i've seen the chiphell thread before but not the build video. Very useful references seeing as this may be the only english post on the case in the world.

Guess i'll post an update in 2-3 weeks when I get my case.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Finally purchased the case. Got a ton of other unrelated stuff in my superbuy warehouse, i'm going to end up around 14kg.... that's gonne be a hefty delivery fee.

I think i've seen the chiphell thread before but not the build video. Very useful references seeing as this may be the only english post on the case in the world.

Guess i'll post an update in 2-3 weeks when I get my case.

Make sure you share some pictures of the build and impressions of the case.

MelonGx

Chassis Packer
Feb 28, 2019
I got one from a second-hand market in China.
I put a X299E-ITX, a Thermalright AXP-100 (58mm height version) and a HP OEM GTX1660Ti inside it.
GTX1660Ti works perfectly (max. 69C).
But CPU is too hot here.
I think this case is only suitable for i5-9600K or less even you're using Thermalright AXP-100 Full Copper (58mm height version).

Last edited:
Reactions: Xaeons

Dolenc

Efficiency Noob
Apr 22, 2020
Theres a picture of "rog" cutouts on the listing. Does anyone know how I could order that model?

I have no chinese in me :)

Dolenc

Efficiency Noob
Apr 22, 2020
Well everything went smoothly. Still waiting for the riser to complete everything, but the case is realy nice. Thicc alu panels, everything can be disassembled, more than enough space. For the cpu cooler I have an ID cooling is-60 with noctua fan, still a few mm left. This cutout pattern is really open so Im expecting great ventilation.

The paint is a bit sensetive it will get scratched eventually and its a fingerprint magnet. Side panels fall off when you unscrew them, so best if the case is on its side. Other than that, great little case. And it just looks beautifull. Ill post more pictures when everything is done.

Dolenc

Efficiency Noob
Apr 22, 2020
There we go. Next week my ryzen system goes in and this system goes into m24 case, but for pictures this will work :)

Shitload of space everywhere

On the top place for 15mm fan

This bracket blocks mini hdmi on this card, but it can be removed

Riser clearence to fan

Bot mesh and 3 spots for ssd

Reactions: MelonGx