Many thanks to Streacom for providing this review sample to SFF.Network for review.

Back in my day…
Way back when, the fanciest of home audio equipment, the venerable “tower of power” only found in your child-less uncle’s abode, had a bunch of fancy gauges, showing off the system’s left and right audio channel outputs – the VU meters, literally “Volume Unit” indicators. Through the rose (or amber) tinted glasses of nostalgia, some of us older folk want to look back to the “good old days”, where our gadgets showed they were working, not only by sound, but by moving needles upon an amber, or pale green, background.
Streacom has continued a project started by Saša Karanović, who modified a quartet of standard VU meters into resource meters for their PC. With the addition of an extruded aluminium housing (a forte of Streacom), RGB lighting (with intent), an...

Continue reading...

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
VU dials for the PC. I like that idea. I think if I got them I'd run a string of them in front of me on my desk. Something other than generic LED lights for a change.

Reactions: confusis

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
This is really exciting. So it appears the "server software" can used offline on a local lan, and there is no cloud BS being forced on you. This opens the possibility to many industrial and automotive uses. And there is Linux support.

I'll be getting these to try and integrate them as analog industrial displays for VenusOS (victron energy data).