Motherboard Some questions about ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING motherboard.

Ephixi4

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 7, 2018
Hey y'all!

I've got some very specific questions regarding the ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING mobo.

I want to make a side panel that has a cut-out for the RAM sticks. I don't have this motherboard so I can't measure this by myself. Tried to contact Asus but they are not willing to help me / can't help me.

If someone would be able to provide / measure distances shown in the picture below I would be more than grateful.
(Unless it's some sort of a standard and it's the same with all ITX boards OR there is an easier way of doing this..)

From top / bottom of the mobo to the RAM slot, from right edge of the mobo to the RAM slot and between the RAM slots.

(Also any idea what are the dimensions of the RAM slots?)

Sorry I'm a bit noobish when it comes to these more specific details :p

Again thanks in advance!

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
Thats because one of them is an AMD board and one is an X299 board. Those aren't standard in the first place..
How does it being and AM4 board have anything to do with the fact that they decided to put all the motherboard io at the top instead of on the right?
There is no standard for ram placement on a motherboard. Just specs on keep-out zones for each component. How you place them is irrelevant as long as you honor the keep-out zones.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Sorry I just noticed your post. I have this motherboard myself and will try to take the measurements for you. It's waaaaay too tight as is now, wish I've seen the post a couple days ago when I had the case open and apart.
Nevertheless I'll measure and get back to you with as accurate as possible.

Reactions: Elerek

Ephixi4

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 7, 2018
Sorry I just noticed your post. I have this motherboard myself and will try to take the measurements for you. It's waaaaay too tight as is now, wish I've seen the post a couple days ago when I had the case open and apart.
Nevertheless I'll measure and get back to you with as accurate as possible.

OMG! Thank you so, so much! Just fyi there is no need to hurry. :) Take your time, I'm still finishing up the insides of the case.

Just maybe instead meseauring the space between slots it will be easier to check the width and height of both slots combined.
(the top view dimensions)

Anyway, thank you again and can't wait to hear back!

Cheers.

Germanese

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2017
I got the Z270i and B250i used to own the Z370i and also have the B350i trying to get my hands on the new one for April by Asus Strix.

Z270 and Z370 are completely identical in spacing when it comes to Slots, heatsink and Ram, I'll measure also if you still need.

I assume you trying to do that cutout for ram stick, similar to a case mod featured on Youtube somewhere on a NFC case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ephixi4

Ephixi4

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 7, 2018

Hey thank you, but I did a small bit of googling before the post. :p The one you posted is an x370 - F version which has an AM4 socket and is an ATX motherboard.

I got the Z270i and B250i used to own the Z370i and also have the B350i trying to get my hands on the new one for April by Asus Strix.

Z270 and Z370 are completely identical in spacing when it comes to Slots, heatsink and Ram, I'll measure also if you still need.

I assume you trying to do that cutout for ram stick, similar to a case mod featured on Youtube somewhere on a NFC case.

If you have it somewhere laying around I woudln't mind! @MultiDoc would need to open his case for this so if it's easy for you I'd be grateful!

Also yes that is what I am going for! But I'm planning to go for a bit less industrial and more futuristic look.