Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

Clientele Services

Caliper Novice
Oct 12, 2022
Hey Everyone!

So a lot has happened in the last week. As you know from my previous post, we were supposed to receive the shipment last Thursday, Oct 13th. Instead we received the shipment Monday, Oct 17th. Unfortunately there was a reason for this. After the shipment was released from customs at some point it was damaged. It went through a really odd tracking history (I guess while they had to rearrange it and prepare it again to deliver it). At first they were going to send it back to the Shipper, however we insisted they deliver here (SLC).

Because the factory did such a good job packing everything in the boxes, most of the parts survived. The parts that need replacing are mostly steel, which are the easiest to replace/remake. Unfortunately there were a few boxes that were lost. One of them containing all the quantity for a small part we need to fulfill any orders. We are looking into the best option (cost vs. lead time) that will allow us to start fulfilling orders. I am not able to give a specific timeline at the moment. I'm working every day (late) to get things resolved with insurance claims, and deciding the best course to recover for November. Attached is an image of one of the pallets.

View attachment 2023

Like I said, most of the parts are fine. And, we are looking at the fastest lead time options for getting the missing small parts remade.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will get this figured out.

Taylor, Protolyth
Any plans on producing an M-ATX version of your case?

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Any plans on producing an M-ATX version of your case?
there is a future update that could allow an mATX board to fit, but I'm not sure if it will be worth it. Most people use mATX if they need more PCIE slots, like for additional gpus or components. Which would involve making a larger case. The change to the current design is more likely, but that doesn't mean we wont have future projects that accommodate mATX.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

crxss

Caliper Novice
Sep 22, 2022
there is a future update that could allow an mATX board to fit, but I'm not sure if it will be worth it. Most people use mATX if they need more PCIE slots, like for additional gpus or components. Which would involve making a larger case. The change to the current design is more likely, but that doesn't mean we wont have future projects that accommodate mATX.

What about smaller? Like the slate case air?

Reactions: Clientele Services

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to shout a quick update. We are looking at starting product shipping/fulfillment beginning of next week. Probably Nov 15th.

We have put a lot of hard work into getting things back together the past few weeks. Which involved locally replacing and repairing parts.
This fulfillment period can last till the end of November, (possibly longer), since 25% of orders require parts that we had to reorder from the factory; to preserve surface finish requirements.

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to shout a quick update. We are looking at starting product shipping/fulfillment beginning of next week. Probably Nov 15th.

We have put a lot of hard work into getting things back together the past few weeks. Which involved locally replacing and repairing parts.
This fulfillment period can last till the end of November, (possibly longer), since 25% of orders require parts that we had to reorder from the factory; to preserve surface finish requirements.

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth
Your a legend!!

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Can you recommend any specific lengths for custom power cables?
The stock lengths with any SFX(L) power supplies work well; with exception of the PCIE(GPU) cables. The length of the PCIE cable really depends on the height of your GPU. It would be best to measure the length when you have your system put together and then order cables accordingly. This is something we will update as we move forward.

(EDIT: notes the stock PCIE cables work, but it takes some cable management effort. They would benefit from being shorter, but like I said, it depends on the size of your GPU)

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Or are there extras up for slot?
Hey,

There are not any "extras" calculated for pre-order. We do order some more for testing and for replacements. Best way to get one now is to wait and see if someone bails on their order, or until next batch order next year.

Taylor

Reactions: August

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
No offense guys but the preorder window lasted an eternity relative to other cases purchase windows. You snooze you lose or more accurately, you place all the risk on others to back the project from the get go and want to swoop in when it's safe.