Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
GIF by Looney Tunes

That's me, waiting for my new fittings to get here so I can get this build done, so I can post a build log. Bah!
Oh man me too! Waiting on some more koolance quick disconnect fittings I ordered! Haha 😄

Helix Exton

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2022
I’m waiting on so many things. Even canceled and re ordered parts to get them sooner but the earliest I’ll be able to build is mid January :(

Ghostman103

Cable Smoosher
Aug 25, 2022
January 2nd and I will be ready for the build, months of having parts sitting there mocking me will finally come to an end! Hoping mine ships soon, the anticipation is killing me. I might be guilty of checking my order 3-18 times a day. And with all of the Best Buy drops I even scored a 4090 which is going to make the wait much worse.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone!

Some updates for you. We have finished processing all of the Dark Grey orders! 17 of which just need to be labeled/shipped. We will likely get to that next Tuesday as UPS is not picking up tomorrow because of the holiday.

As for the Natural Aluminum color. There are 19 orders remaining. We are scheduled to fulfill these by end of Jan. This is because there was a common defect with the perforated panels in this silver color and we strongly felt it would be better to have them replaced before shipping these last orders. Those that are affected by this will receive a personal email notifying them of the situation and updates that follow. I'm sorry if this creates inconvenience for you, but we want to maintain a quality product, even if it is just the last few.

I also want to send out best wishes for the holidays to all of you. It has been a long road since the first post for the Slate-Case. To be here is a blessing that comes from your support!

Best Regards,

Taylor, Protolyth

Baka

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2022
Damn you aluminum! Thanks for the update tho and happy holidays everyone. I need to see some builds stat to hold me over.

Star Wars No GIF

Reactions: Pudg333

crxss

Caliper Novice
Sep 22, 2022
Also, if any of you have this setup with the GPU touching the rail (metal to metal) and it makes you nervous. You can get some Kapton Tape and put it on the inside on the rail in between to protect the GPU.

MYJOR High Temperature Kapton Tape, Professional for Protecting CPU, PCB Circuit Board… https://a.co/d/3TwO99C
I’d also consider slightly shorter standoffs for V2

Reactions: infinite winter

Wilson

Chassis Packer
Mar 23, 2020
Looks like they will fit after a quick look in CAD. The overall max height clearance is 333.9mm. As for the ease of use/installation i'm not sure yet as i haven't purchased these yet.

The space is tight, so you probably wont be able to directly use the bottom ports on those rads.
(Might be an interesting spot for a temp sensor though)
Confirmed w/ test fit. The longer EK-Quantum Surface 280 rads just fits with few mm left above the MB I/O plate if you slide it all the way.

Helix Exton

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2022
Idk if this is helpful to anyone else, but I've been on the lookout for a 1000w sfx psu for this case (US), and you can pre-order this one from amazon:

A bunch of people in the SFF Gurus ordered it, some got a completely different PSU, others got their ordered canceled and refunded with no reason why. Not worth the risk imo just wait for Corsair’s or get the SF750

Reactions: thelaughingman

MWR

Cable Smoosher
Nov 16, 2022
Totally ok being Silver and waiting. I still need to get a 7900xtx and waterblock for it anyway.
oh and Noctua to finally release the new 140 fans.

quiche

Efficiency Noob
Aug 29, 2022
A bunch of people in the SFF Gurus ordered it, some got a completely different PSU, others got their ordered canceled and refunded with no reason why. Not worth the risk imo just wait for Corsair’s or get the SF750
The Silverstone Extreme 850R was quietly released a few days ago, too. I haven't heard any reports of people getting it yet.

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
The Silverstone Extreme 850R was quietly released a few days ago, too. I haven't heard any reports of people getting it yet.
I have one. Got it yesterday. Check the thread for it for my thoughts:

Last edited:

Helix Exton

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2022
From what I’ve heard it’s much louder than a 750 at a given power draw, and you don’t really need the extra power it provides

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Alright, leak testing this build. All I know is, this is my first full loop in a SFF build, and it's made me question if I'm in hell or not. It's not the case, it's my desire to cram so much stuff in to it, and because I went with a horizontal layout. It doesn't help that the PSU cables are so damn stiff.

I'm gonna have to redo it at some point. Pull the Aquaero (and replace with an Octo) out and make a custom mount for the reservoir. Then I'll be able to get the left side panel on lol.... Pics probably tomorrow.

Helix Exton

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2022
Alright, leak testing this build. All I know is, this is my first full loop in a SFF build, and it's made me question if I'm in hell or not. It's not the case, it's my desire to cram so much stuff in to it, and because I went with a horizontal layout. It doesn't help that the PSU cables are so damn stiff.

I'm gonna have to redo it at some point. Pull the Aquaero (and replace with an Octo) out and make a custom mount for the reservoir. Then I'll be able to get the left side panel on lol.... Pics probably tomorrow.
Might want to get custom cables, Dream Big Ray is highly recommend alongside the main options as being cheaper.

MWR

Cable Smoosher
Nov 16, 2022
Might want to get custom cables, Dream Big Ray is highly recommend alongside the main options as being cheaper.
Hoping once a few people get their builds done we see some solid recommendations on what the perfect cable lengths are.
Pslate did cables for my ghost s1 and fit and looked great

Reactions: Baka

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
Just want to point out that the Silverstone 850r like every <1000w SFX ATX 3.0 PSU currently only provides 450w from it's 12+4pin GPU power cable instead of the full 600w.

Only the 1000w+ models seem to support 600w.

Last edited:

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Just want to point out that the Silverstone 850r like every <1000w SFX ATX 3.0 PSU currently only provides 450w from it's 12+4pin GPU power cable instead of the full 600w.

Only the 1000w+ models seem to support 600w.
Question, will the 12+4Pin cable work on a 3080? I know the little 4 pin is the tiny little connector on top of the 12 Pin connector, but I dunno if the connector or PSU will be okay connecting to a 3080 FE, as the 3080 will just use the 12 Pins.