Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
I keep noticing that the front and rear panels aren't quite flush with the rest of the case in anyone's builds (or even on the website now that I look for it) - is there a way to make those flush?

Those panels/grills are not flush intentionally. It is a chamfered edge that comes forward. It is to help the visual edge transition. When we made some prototypes with the edge flush, it made it look almost too sharp and flattened the face. In our opinion it gives a little extra dimension. The only way to make it flush is to make your own grills, which is very feasible if you have access to a lasercutter.

Taylor

Cody K

Cable Smoosher
Nov 10, 2022
Every time I see a "Shipping Notification" in my junk folder I crap my pants in excitement. I'm running out of pants quickly.

Reactions: rfarmer

Wilson

Chassis Packer
Mar 23, 2020
Can anybody verify if the new 280mm EKWB Quantum radiator fit? At 325mm length, they look like they'll fit but with nearly zero margins. Thanks all.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Can anybody verify if the new 280mm EKWB Quantum radiator fit? At 325mm length, they look like they'll fit but with nearly zero margins. Thanks all.
Looks like they will fit after a quick look in CAD. The overall max height clearance is 333.9mm. As for the ease of use/installation i'm not sure yet as i haven't purchased these yet.

The space is tight, so you probably wont be able to directly use the bottom ports on those rads.
(Might be an interesting spot for a temp sensor though)

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone,

I think we are all due for an update. Good news is that most of all the orders will be ready/shipped by Friday this week! Thanks for being so patient throughout this process. There will be some orders that will need to be shipped in January. Those that fall under the January fulfillment will receive a personal email.

Thanks,

Taylor, Protolyth

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
Taylor,
when do you anticipate the next new pre-order window will open up? It would be nice if you could put dates for pre-order access similar to SSF Time with a local time. If the next batch of production is on hold or will be delayed for some time it would be nice to know this... I realize you are dealing with filling current orders.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Taylor,
when do you anticipate the next new pre-order window will open up? It would be nice if you could put dates for pre-order access similar to SSF Time with a local time. If the next batch of production is on hold or will be delayed for some time it would be nice to know this... I realize you are dealing with filling current orders.
Hey,

So we do not have a concrete date yet for the next batch. We want to gather feedback from this first batch first. Hopefully it will be a similar time window as the first pre-order period.

Taylor

Baka

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2022
I need to see some builds stat
Taylor,
if you really want one sooner, am1rtv looks like he's selling one on Reddit.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Got a dead 4080 from BB the other day. But took a snap of how close it is to the rail with the GPU gap. You can make it so there’s the smallest space between it and the rail but might also touch here and there.

thats a snug fit! Its good to see even that it will fit without the gap-mod, but probably best with it for airflow

Reactions: rfarmer

Stonen

Cable Smoosher
May 13, 2022
Got a dead 4080 from BB the other day. But took a snap of how close it is to the rail with the GPU gap. You can make it so there’s the smallest space between it and the rail but might also touch here and there.

So it's safe to say a water block is needed for fitment of the 4090 and would be ideal for the 4080

Reactions: TaylorChiller

infinite winter

Efficiency Noob
Sep 27, 2022

I’ve got a 4080 FE and was hoping to fit it in this case in the future. That picture makes me nervous

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019

Also, if any of you have this setup with the GPU touching the rail (metal to metal) and it makes you nervous. You can get some Kapton Tape and put it on the inside on the rail in between to protect the GPU.

MYJOR High Temperature Kapton Tape, Professional for Protecting CPU, PCB Circuit Board… https://a.co/d/3TwO99C