Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Received and built mine today. Today is just a proof of concept though, I have no custom cables and I actually have a FormD T1 v2 coming in on Saturday that I actually want to build in. I could've saved this and/or sold it, but I just decided screw it, I'll build it twice. I really don't wanna take and show pictures, it's so ugly and bad right now.

Brand new build, my last/current build is currently being shipped across the country, probably destroyed. It was a full custom loop in a O11D Mini.

Components: MSI Unify Z690i, GSkill 7600 DDR5, 13900k, 4090 FE, SF750, Phanteks 240MM T30 Glacier One

Initial thoughts:​

Build quality is great. A little scratch prone and I was being as careful as I could - still ended up with minor scratches.​

Immediately one of the thumbnuts fell off and into the duct below my AC, so lost into the abyss - thank you for including an extra.
The whole thumbnut thing threw me for a loop on the whole PSU thing - I had to redo it 3 times before I got it going - I ended up just screwing it in with two screws and left the thumbnut really loose - if I didn't, it would rub against the spine and I didn't like that. It also did not go in the railway unless it was very loose.
The rail system itself is very.. scary. I ended up scratching it a bit due to having to build this by myself and trying to first do it horizontally, but ended up dropping it in. The scratching sound.. hurts. I had to really loosen up the screws to have it go in. I literally had it in and it dropped like 3 inches down, hard lol.. but otherwise, it works?? I didn't bother tightening since I'll probably be taking this all apart soon.

Little complaints:

The riser cable was very tight and a bit hard to work with with the 4090 - I didn't do the GPU standoff mod (didn't know if it'd fit). My standard DP cable did not fit in the IO underneath but it's probably because I didn't install that GPU bracket thing as I'll probably be removing it again soon. The including adapter fit.

The rail system could be more elegant, but it works and I guess you only need it to work only a couple of times :')

I hate SATA cables/SATA IO

The front USB C is not working but it could just be my lack of properly connecting it? I'll check later - would be cool to have this in the back so that I could use a dock or something behind the PC - even better if it supported thunderbolt but I don't know about the feasibility of that

I dislike the rubber feet that I have to stick onto it with 3M. This stuff is never reliable in the long run - maybe I didn't realize that the aluminum feet was also compatible with the vertical case - I think I thought it was just for horizontal. Either way, I wish I got those.

The 8x2 panel screws could also be a more elegant solution - more opportunities to strip the screws or mess something up.

The AIO tubing looks.. rough but it works when I leave it pressing against the glass 😂. I don't know how I'd fix this issue.

All in all, good case, great case for water cooling. That was my original intention, but with how efficient 4090s are and how good the Phanteks 240 T30 is, I think this is fine.

Well, I tried taking a picture but my phone froze. I'll update later with pics if requested.

Thanks Taylor, great job on making this happen.
Hey thanks for the feedback. Good user experience points.

As for the USB-C cable. Please email us if it really does not work and we can send you a new one.

For your comments on the rail system. The rods are aluminum and the rails are also, I'm not sure what you mean by "scratching." And its important to support/hold the assembly as you ease it in. We have some improvements in the pot to help with a lot of these points.

Taylor

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

am1racle

Efficiency Noob
Mar 30, 2022
Mine arrived on the 25th of November! I was order 1019!

Im sad I did not purchase the rotational IO accessory and hope that I can do that relatively soon. The case is absolutely beautiful and i've been very excitedly exploring the possibilities of building in it. My only regret (which is my fault because Taylor has always done a great job of detailing the dimensions on the website) is that my current GPU (ASUS TUF 3090 with an EKWB Vector waterblock) is too tall to fit my FLT pump/res at the top :( the sandwhich layout makes it so that my pump/res at the top are exactly in-line with the GPU and it won't fit.

I will likely need to get a CPU/pump block combo, but have been putting it off due to cost. The goal was to get a no compromise dual 280 radiator case, and this achieves 95% of that, so I am satisfied.

Taylor if you see this - can I somehow buy the Trad bracket from you :D

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019

Im sad I did not purchase the rotational IO accessory and hope that I can do that relatively soon. The case is absolutely beautiful and i've been very excitedly exploring the possibilities of building in it. My only regret (which is my fault because Taylor has always done a great job of detailing the dimensions on the website) is that my current GPU (ASUS TUF 3090 with an EKWB Vector waterblock) is too tall to fit my FLT pump/res at the top :( the sandwhich layout makes it so that my pump/res at the top are exactly in-line with the GPU and it won't fit.

I will likely need to get a CPU/pump block combo, but have been putting it off due to cost. The goal was to get a no compromise dual 280 radiator case, and this achieves 95% of that, so I am satisfied.

Hey, can you DM me? I'd like to know exactly your setup. I might be able to help.

Taylor

crxss

Caliper Novice
Sep 22, 2022
Received and built mine today. Today is just a proof of concept though, I have no custom cables and I actually have a FormD T1 v2 coming in on Saturday that I actually want to build in. I could've saved this and/or sold it, but I just decided screw it, I'll build it twice. I really don't wanna take and show pictures, it's so ugly and bad right now.

Brand new build, my last/current build is currently being shipped across the country, probably destroyed. It was a full custom loop in a O11D Mini.

Components: MSI Unify Z690i, GSkill 7600 DDR5, 13900k, 4090 FE, SF750, Phanteks 240MM T30 Glacier One

Initial thoughts:​

Build quality is great. A little scratch prone and I was being as careful as I could - still ended up with minor scratches.​

Immediately one of the thumbnuts fell off and into the duct below my AC, so lost into the abyss - thank you for including an extra.
The whole thumbnut thing threw me for a loop on the whole PSU thing - I had to redo it 3 times before I got it going - I ended up just screwing it in with two screws and left the thumbnut really loose - if I didn't, it would rub against the spine and I didn't like that. It also did not go in the railway unless it was very loose.
The rail system itself is very.. scary. I ended up scratching it a bit due to having to build this by myself and trying to first do it horizontally, but ended up dropping it in. The scratching sound.. hurts. I had to really loosen up the screws to have it go in. I literally had it in and it dropped like 3 inches down, hard lol.. but otherwise, it works?? I didn't bother tightening since I'll probably be taking this all apart soon.

Little complaints:

The riser cable was very tight and a bit hard to work with with the 4090 - I didn't do the GPU standoff mod (didn't know if it'd fit). My standard DP cable did not fit in the IO underneath but it's probably because I didn't install that GPU bracket thing as I'll probably be removing it again soon. The including adapter fit.

The rail system could be more elegant, but it works and I guess you only need it to work only a couple of times :')

I hate SATA cables/SATA IO

The front USB C is not working but it could just be my lack of properly connecting it? I'll check later - would be cool to have this in the back so that I could use a dock or something behind the PC - even better if it supported thunderbolt but I don't know about the feasibility of that

I dislike the rubber feet that I have to stick onto it with 3M. This stuff is never reliable in the long run - maybe I didn't realize that the aluminum feet was also compatible with the vertical case - I think I thought it was just for horizontal. Either way, I wish I got those.

The 8x2 panel screws could also be a more elegant solution - more opportunities to strip the screws or mess something up.

The AIO tubing looks.. rough but it works when I leave it pressing against the glass 😂. I don't know how I'd fix this issue.

All in all, good case, great case for water cooling. That was my original intention, but with how efficient 4090s are and how good the Phanteks 240 T30 is, I think this is fine.

Well, I tried taking a picture but my phone froze. I'll update later with pics if requested.

Thanks Taylor, great job on making this happen.
told ya those thumbnuts pop off fast. and it's one of those things that you find nowhere near where you dropped it.

also, let's see your build.

Baka

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2022
We are trying to finish up all the orders in the next week and a half.

quiche

Efficiency Noob
Aug 29, 2022

I've also been thinking about getting a CPU pump block combo and imagining how to fit a reservoir inside the sandwich layout.

Based on the website diagrams, I think there's maybe 36mm of clearance to work with between motherboard I/O and the side panel? That can be sufficient for a flat reservoir, though I don't have the case yet so I can't take any precise measurements. A tube reservoir on the CPU side is likely out of the question unless there exist really slim ones.

For flat reservoirs, I haven't found any good looking options like a hypothetical EK FLT 80 minus the pump. Just having the side ports on a flat reservoir like that would go a long way. There's the Swiftech MCRES Micro, but kind of ugly and likely too thick at 38mm. The EK FLT 120 reservoir could fit but positioning and connecting fittings will be awkward. Plus, the EK flat reservoirs are designed for fittings to face towards the side panel, the reverse side doesn't look as clean.

Maybe there is a way to fit a tube reservoir and fullsize GPU block together on the GPU side and run a tube from the reservoir to the CPU pump block?

MWR

Cable Smoosher
Nov 16, 2022
Word of caution for anyone going with the new Arctic P14 slims and radiators, some rads don't have their screw holes even with the top surface of the rad, they're sunken in, the included screws are about 22mm. You'll need to buy 25mm screws at 730 on a cold Saturday morning. :/
What is the quality of the fans like? Amazon reviews almost all seem negative sadly but there does not seem to be any real alternative to go with if running 2 30mm thickness rads right?

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
What is the quality of the fans like? Amazon reviews almost all seem negative sadly but there does not seem to be any real alternative to go with if running 2 30mm thickness rads right?
Dunno. I haven't had the chance to spin them up yet, unfortunately. I imagine they're not stellar, they're slim fans, but that is the price we pay for trying to have water-cooling in small systems, I guess, lol

firassasin

Chassis Packer
Apr 25, 2022
Very excited for the case, but the timeline for the case doesn't even matter to me when 1000w sfx PSUs like the Loki are still nowhere to be found in the US :(

Helix Exton

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2022
Dunno. I haven't had the chance to spin them up yet, unfortunately. I imagine they're not stellar, they're slim fans, but that is the price we pay for trying to have water-cooling in small systems, I guess, lol
I ordered the new alphacool 280 thin rads that are 20mm thick. Should be available off Amazon if in us, otherwise find them at another retailer. Should work better than the regular ones with slim fans if it’s not too late for you to return.

Wilson

Chassis Packer
Mar 23, 2020
Got mine yesterday. At 13lbs this case definitely feels premium. The magnets on the panels felt great snapping on the chassis. Only minor criticism about appearance, is that the silver has a bit more sheen than the MacBook silver which I prefer, but I'll get over it. Now I have to figure out what to carry over from my NR200 setup.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Got mine yesterday. At 13lbs this case definitely feels premium. The magnets on the panels felt great snapping on the chassis. Only minor criticism about appearance, is that the silver has a bit more sheen than the MacBook silver which I prefer, but I'll get over it. Now I have to figure out what to carry over from my NR200 setup.
You put the rubber feet on the case right?

6ixty9ine

Caliper Novice
Feb 13, 2020
that glass tabletop makes me anxious for you

yxes

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 10, 2021
Album link:
Don't crucify me, like I said, it was more of a proof of concept 😅 I'll be building the FormD T1 today most likely, with the asus z790i, as this mobo frankly sucks.

Custom GPU cables came in as well, so it's not too horrible here. I didn't bother managing the mobo side, clearly. Fitment is good though, temps are fine, GPU never exceeds 60, CPU never exceeds 75 during games.

Like I mentioned, in this config, AIO tubes press against the glass. You could MAYBE use the gpu standoff mod, a rough estimate looked like it would be right up against the panel, which would probably further benefit temps. Someone should try :)

yxes

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 10, 2021
Album link:
Don't crucify me, like I said, it was more of a proof of concept 😅 I'll be building the FormD T1 today most likely, with the asus z790i, as this mobo frankly sucks.

Custom GPU cables came in as well, so it's not too horrible here. I didn't bother managing the mobo side, clearly. Fitment is good though, temps are fine, GPU never exceeds 60, CPU never exceeds 75 during games.

Like I mentioned, in this config, AIO tubes press against the glass. You could MAYBE use the gpu standoff mod, a rough estimate looked like it would be right up against the panel, which would probably further benefit temps. Someone should try :)

Reactions: TaylorChiller