Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Also Everyone,

Sorry I've been a little quiet the last couple weeks. I've been working a lot and managing logistics in preparation for April 15th. I'll be pushing some more content coming next Monday!

As a quick update, we have received some more samples from the factory as we make sure all the details are being met, like product finishes and coatings.

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Also Everyone,

Sorry I've been a little quiet the last couple weeks. I've been working a lot and managing logistics in preparation for April 15th. I'll be pushing some more content coming next Monday!

As a quick update, we have received some more samples from the factory as we make sure all the details are being met, like product finishes and coatings.

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth
I get more and more excited for this case as we get closer to the 15th! IMO it will be the best sff case for high end ad-102 cards!

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
I get more and more excited for this case as we get closer to the 15th! IMO it will be the best sff case for high end ad-102 cards!
Not just that, though. It'll handle SO many different hardware configs. Multiple 240/280 rads, big air-cooled GPUs for those that need it. Plus you'll be able to actually work in the case without having a strong hand...

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey @TaylorChiller

Will you have the case feet on sale on the launch date?
And will be an option to not include DP cable on the purchase ?
@Rybamech We will know this week if the feet and/or the trad bracket will be an option at launch. Each case comes with a DP cable by default. The offset in cost wouldn't outweigh the work to manage more SKU's.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey @TaylorChiller does the case work with 2 glass panels btw? I'm thinking of migrating my Meshlicious with a thicker rad.
@robojim Yes it can! Although because of managing SKUs at the start you may need to buy your second glass panel at a later date if you plan to pre order. I'll keep updates on this though, no need to worry.
If you do choose to use two glass panels, I recommend using one radiator which I think you mentioned. The Slate Case can handle up to a 60mm thick 280 Rad with one set of fans. If you do push/pull you will need to look at a 45mm rad or use slim fans. I have not tested push/pull with slim fans though so that's up to you. (Also with a 60mm thick rad you will have space for only one exhaust fan, which should be enough).

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey @TaylorChiller does the case work with 2 glass panels btw? I'm thinking of migrating my Meshlicious with a thicker rad.
To add, and to answer some previous questions on this forum, I've test fitted Hardware labs 280 rads and they fit. It is snug though. Below is a picture of the Nemesis GTR 280 (54mm thick).

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
@robojim Yes it can! Although because of managing SKUs at the start you may need to buy your second glass panel at a later date if you plan to pre order. I'll keep updates on this though, no need to worry.
If you do choose to use two glass panels, I recommend using one radiator which I think you mentioned. The Slate Case can handle up to a 60mm thick 280 Rad with one set of fans. If you do push/pull you will need to look at a 45mm rad or use slim fans. I have not tested push/pull with slim fans though so that's up to you. (Also with a 60mm thick rad you will have space for only one exhaust fan, which should be enough).
I think a single 45mm rad might even be enough and leave room for fans on the other side too right? I'll be following with intent. Thanks for your work,

Pyotr

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2020
Will the removable section at the back have a stl released for those who wish to make non standard layouts? E. G. Thunderbolt output
Still looking for an answer on this - i route everything through two TB ports, and swap them to the work laptop every day, so being able to roll my own specific rear I/O would be awesome, since few to none others will need a config like i do.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Still looking for an answer on this - i route everything through two TB ports, and swap them to the work laptop every day, so being able to roll my own specific rear I/O would be awesome, since few to none others will need a config like i do.
Hey @Pyotr yes of course! I can give you step stl or other common format. I thought I had answered this comment some time ago. Maybe someone else had the same question. Thanks for reaching out. This was actually one of the intents for designed the rear IO as it is.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Hi @TaylorChiller I cannot wait to preorder this case! Just wondering if you have some custom cable measurements for this? 🤔
Internally its a standqrd sandwich layout (if you dont use the traditional bracket) and from my experience with sandwich layouts (FormD T1 v1.1 and Thorzone Mjolnir) my custom cables from pslate for the FormD work interchangeably in any tight fitting sandwich layout. Only the gpu power cables may be a different size.

Pyotr

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2020
Hey @Pyotr yes of course! I can give you step stl or other common format. I thought I had answered this comment some time ago. Maybe someone else had the same question. Thanks for reaching out. This was actually one of the intents for designed the rear IO as it is.
It had not been answered, so thank you for confirming! definitely snagging one on the 15th now!

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
@TaylorChiller Would you be able to clarify the dimensions of the bottom rectangular opening of the case when you have a moment?

Can't wait to purchase this guy!