Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey @TaylorChiller

Just created an account to post here, can't wait for the case pre-order.
Went trough the whole thread, didn't saw if you mentioned different options for front IO, will there be available ones for launch ? Or even buy later on?
As an audio enthusiast, I will definitely not going to use it.

Maybe the front 3.5 jacks, the space could be used for some custom case badge that would plug into those jacks.
IO options have/are been considered, which helped sculpt the direction they are in. Currently plans are to release the front IO as they are. If you have ideas please feel free to share. You mentioned a "front badge." Can you be more specific?

Rybamech

Chassis Packer
Feb 20, 2022
IO options have/are been considered, which helped sculpt the direction they are in. Currently plans are to release the front IO as they are. If you have ideas please feel free to share. You mentioned a "front badge." Can you be more specific?
Hey,

I've created one paint picture, it does look terible but wanted to show the whole concept, I hope you would understand, or it even could be hooked up by the case front, using clips or something similar to hide the 3.5 jacks.

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I think they are looking for a decal that is mounted by 2 3.5 jacks that cover that part of the front io. My guess is something like your brand (like the noctua badge), case name, unique case number. I usually have those on the back of the case on a sticker like the Dan A4 has a case number and version. I think a rigid sticker would also do the trick.

Rybamech

Chassis Packer
Feb 20, 2022
Hey @TaylorChiller,

On the website before you update it, there was a mention of a pump bracket and watching the promotional video that you made, I'm trying to figure where will be the pump located? Is it at the top, bottom? On the side where GPU is?
The reason why I'm interested in this case, it does look good anbd it would fit my massive MSI Radeon RX 6900 XT gaming Z GPU 324 x 141 x 55 mm (Might use waterblock, if Bykski will confirm the fit, which would be still same size due of PCB)
As on the video you were using a Nvidia FE card which is quite short on a waterblock.

Would be nice to have some manual created for the case that would just give the whole data, measurements what could fit etc etc.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey @TaylorChiller,

On the website before you update it, there was a mention of a pump bracket and watching the promotional video that you made, I'm trying to figure where will be the pump located? Is it at the top, bottom? On the side where GPU is?
The reason why I'm interested in this case, it does look good anbd it would fit my massive MSI Radeon RX 6900 XT gaming Z GPU 324 x 141 x 55 mm (Might use waterblock, if Bykski will confirm the fit, which would be still same size due of PCB)
As on the video you were using a Nvidia FE card which is quite short on a waterblock.

Would be nice to have some manual created for the case that would just give the whole data, measurements what could fit etc etc.
I"m actually working on this. I wish I had more time to get it done by now, but it should be available in the next few days. There have been others that want more diagrams instead of just the numbers. I agree and visuals always steal the show.

Reactions: Fitchew

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
Questions:
1. Two 30mm thick radiators can be used (one on each side) but must have 15mm fans mounted per radiator instead of standard 25mm fans?
2. The only way to access GPU connections is via the single HDMI connection on the case I/O?

Rybamech

Chassis Packer
Feb 20, 2022
Questions:
1. Two 30mm thick radiators can be used (one on each side) but must have 15mm fans mounted per radiator instead of standard 25mm fans?
2. The only way to access GPU connections is via the single HDMI connection on the case I/O?
Hey,

I can answer this for you
1. Out of 4 fans only one required to be the slim one if you are using 30mm rad as this information is available on the website.
2. No, the one on the back is only a pass through male to female from your GPU, there is another cut out to route the cables from the GPU to the back, but you will be required to use 90 degree cable for it.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Questions:
@Questors Hey! Welcome!

Rybamech is correct about the 30mm rads in dual setup. Only one slim fan is required. I've tested this and it works well. Take note the space is tight.

To answer your second question. We actually removed the fixed port for video connection and then expanded the passthrough. This is more favorable for future upgrades for different cables and the ability to choose either HDMI or DP. ALthough, the case will come with one angle adapter for DP 1.4. Angle adapters are only required based on the geometry of the video cable connector head you have. Some are long some are not. Using an adapter ensures any cable will fit and prevents any unwanted kinking with large connector heads.

Hope this helps!

Taylor

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Will the traditional layout bracket be available for pre-order/purchase on march 15th?
Also, (i know ive asked this before) is there any chance of adding the I/O holes into the traditional bracket to allow for vertical gpu support? See pictures for example of the layout:

Id love to do this layout with an external radiator (mo-ra3). This layout would also be viable with an aircooled gpu and aio on cpu.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Just to amend my last comment. I've been making some adjustments to the website and preparing timeline content for you all. This will be considered a big update in preparation for preorder. Considering that I have more items I'd like to add, I'm going to post these updates tomorrow instead of today. Just want to make sure everything is clear.

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Will the traditional layout bracket be available for pre-order/purchase on march 15th?
Also, (i know ive asked this before) is there any chance of adding the I/O holes into the traditional bracket to allow for vertical gpu support? See pictures for example of the layout:

Id love to do this layout with an external radiator (mo-ra3). This layout would also be viable with an aircooled gpu and aio on cpu.
Vertical GPU as your image will not be directly supported at the time of release/preorder. This would likely have to be a separate bracket considering the space requirements. Hope this helps.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Vertical GPU as your image will not be directly supported at the time of release/preorder. This would likely have to be a separate bracket considering the space requirements. Hope this helps.
Thanks, its all good. What about the traditional layout bracket already developed (as seen in promo youtube video) will that be available on march 15th?

Reactions: TaylorChiller

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Any development on video reviews out on the web? Or size comparisons against, say, Meshlicious, H1, or other vertically-oriented ITX cases on the market?

Reactions: Questors

Rybamech

Chassis Packer
Feb 20, 2022
Hey @TaylorChiller

I saw you updated the page with some new details, and that the pre-order date was changed from 15th of March to 15th of April.
What will be the length of PCIE riser cable? As it will come with 3.0 would be nice to upgrade to 4.0 version.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey @TaylorChiller

I saw you updated the page with some new details, and that the pre-order date was changed from 15th of March to 15th of April.
What will be the length of PCIE riser cable? As it will come with 3.0 would be nice to upgrade to 4.0 version.
Linkup cable mount holes should fit with our geometry. The current cable length is 25cm (I'll double check this) with our custom cable. Linkups cables at 25cm will be very snug! You may want to get a 30cm.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Any development on video reviews out on the web? Or size comparisons against, say, Meshlicious, H1, or other vertically-oriented ITX cases on the market?
We will have some comparisons to these models soon. I've been making lots of important updates to the website and working on the timeline with the factories.

Reactions: SoSquidTaste